Shellac and foils

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Kaznal

Reaction score
I had my first go at trying a foil on shellac and the damn thing would not stick.... I did 2 coats of studio white and my foil was a pale cream with pale pink roses but it would not stick I rubbed with a lint free pad until I almost broke the pop stick:sad:

The foils were from ebay so perhaps they are not very good. Any tips please guys as to where I am going wrong?

laurakate

Reaction score
Did you have the foil the right way round?

I know that might sound a bit basic but I'm talking from experience lol

cheekychick

Reaction score
Some foils need an adhesive even with shellac. So you
I use the irresistible foils and you literally just have to touch the nail with it and the foil sticks.
Xx

TheRealMrsGrey

Reaction score
On lighter Shellac colours I use the foil adhesive - paint it on thin (goes on milky) and cure for 90 seconds in the CND UV lamp. This prepares the adhesive for the foil and should look clear. Apply your foil and top coat as usual. x

Kaznal

Reaction score
LOL I did double check I had it round the right way as I did start to wonder. A small part stuck but the rest would not have it.

I think I will get some adhesive:biggrin:

hollydollymac

Reaction score
Didn't know you could get foil adhesive!! What brand is it? X

cheekychick

Reaction score
Didn't know you could get foil adhesive!! What brand is it? X
A lot of places sell it, check where you bought your foils from. They will probably recommend an adhesive that goes with it. Xx

hollydollymac

Reaction score
A lot of places sell it, check where you bought your foils from. They will probably recommend an adhesive that goes with it. Xx
Got the irresistable foils and just rang ellisons cause I couldn't find an adhesive on their website and they haven't got a clue what I'm talking about :s

Do sweet squared do one? X

TheRealMrsGrey

Reaction score
Got the irresistable foils and just rang ellisons cause I couldn't find an adhesive on their website and they haven't got a clue what I'm talking about :s

Haven't seen one on S2. I got mine from eBay for about £2 and its brilliant! xx

Nail Delights

Reaction score

Mrs Bod

Reaction score
I saw one of Holly's YT vids on foils and she advised that the darker the Shellac, the better the foils stick. HTH x

cheekychick

Reaction score

Are you using them with shellac or gelish etc? x

Maz101

1st place winner at Nailympia 2016
Reaction score
If I'm doing a pattern in foils or on polish etc I use nail foil adhesive from the edge, just paint on, wait till goes clear or use a tiny dryer (I've the tiny opi one) once its clear its ready.

sarahrose14

Reaction score
If you use the foil adhesive do you use desperse to remove the sticky layer then apply the adhesive? And would you just use shellac top coat on top? Xxx

Maz101

1st place winner at Nailympia 2016
Reaction score
I rarely use adhesive on shellac unless doing a set pattern, then I'd remove sticky, do foils and then top coat and cure.

hollydollymac

Reaction score
Are you using them with shellac or gelish etc? x
Yes.
Most of the time they are fine but the leopard print one got me the other day and I had to do it so it was a bit mosh mashed rather than flush x

cheekychick

Reaction score
Yes.
Most of the time they are fine but the leopard print one got me the other day and I had to do it so it was a bit mosh mashed rather than flush x
Ah I get what you mean. Annoying! I have some lovely patterned ones but I just can't get along with them lol.
Nail delights has posted a link to the adhesive above I think. Hth xx

hollydollymac

Reaction score
Ah I get what you mean. Annoying! I have some lovely patterned ones but I just can't get along with them lol.
Nail delights has posted a link to the adhesive above I think. Hth xx
Annoying isn't it lol! I think I got away with it cause it still looked leopard ish- I thight it looked kinda antique and ended up doing the same on my own toes cause I liked it! I've attached the pic of clients toes (I know they are long toe nails but till she's out if flip flops she won't let me shorten them!!)

Thanks alot girlies xxx
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379605430.739974.jpg

Kaznal

Reaction score
It was the English rose on cnd shellac. Gonna get me some adhesive!

cheekychick

Reaction score
Annoying isn't it lol! I think I got away with it cause it still looked leopard ish- I thight it looked kinda antique and ended up doing the same on my own toes cause I liked it! I've attached the pic of clients toes (I know they are long toe nails but till she's out if flip flops she won't let me shorten them!!)

Thanks alot girlies xxx
View attachment 43256
They look lovely. I haven't got the leopard one. Might grab one or something similar at the show. Xx

Latest posts