Shellac and Gelish together

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vonnibabes

Reaction score
After reading few posts on here I have done a part shellac part gelish manicure on myself!

Took of shine from nail
Scrubfresh
Ph bond
Gelish foundation
2 x decadence shellac
1 x top it off
Disperse

So excited to see if it lasts any longer as gelish lasts a lot better on me but I loooove shellac!

Any other geeks done it? And for the record it's only on myself and not a client before everyone gets on the soapbox ;) 😂😘

Just to give u all an update, a week on and my nails are perfect! I would normally have had a wee chip or bit lifting but nada!

Cool. Out of interest, what lamp did you use?

Cnd lamp Hun, I use it for gelish too as my led never seemed to cure it as well xxxxx

I do the same process. Have invested in an led lamp but you can't beat the cnd shellac uv lamp for complete confidence.

Do you do it on clients sweetie? I done it on a client last night, shellac literally lasts a day or 2 then starts peeling! I explained what I was doing and done it free of charge as was bit of an experiment. She comes to me for tans regularly so would love it if this works and she starts nails too! Xxxx

After reading few posts on here I have done a part shellac part gelish manicure on myself!

Took of shine from nail
Scrubfresh
Ph bond
Gelish foundation
2 x decadence shellac
1 x top it off
Disperse

So excited to see if it lasts any longer as gelish lasts a lot better on me but I loooove shellac!

Any other geeks done it? And for the record it's only on myself and not a client before everyone gets on the soapbox ;) 😂😘

I do the opposite combination on my nails as well. I love the easy removal of CND Shellac base so I always use it, no matter what brand of color I choose. I also like the acetone resistance of Gelish TIO, so that's the top coat I use. It works great, and lasts as well as either Shellac or Gelish, but I wouldn't dare do it on a client. I also don't like that I have to use my Shellac UV lamp and my Gelish 18g lamp to do this.

Gelish says that its base and topcoat can be used on any UV cured polish, but CND says that Shellac components should not be used out of the Shellac system.

CND also said when they ran out of base and top coat that other brands would do, seems anythings goes when it suits!

I'm loving that I've found something that works on me! Il try shellac base and TIO next time tho :) xxxxxx

CND also said when they ran out of base and top coat that other brands would do, seems anythings goes when it suits!

This is WHAT THEY said??? Perhaps someone from CND can enlighten me then if this is the case???

Just to give u all an update, a week on and my nails are perfect! I would normally have had a wee chip or bit lifting but nada!

Maybe you could talk me through your CND shellac application and we can see if there's any steps we can tweak if you don't seen to be getting more than a few Days wear?

That's cos you used Gelish TIO. It's fab!

I agree that I would like to mix more, especially with CND Shellac, but it is clearly against manufacturer's instructions, which is an insurance problem, and would certainly jeopardize our CND Shellac certification.

I wish CND wouldn't be so obstinate about aspects of their product. Rather than issuing strictures, I wish it would be put forward as recommendations or guidelines. I understand their interests in keeping the integrity of the system by using it together, and it made sense when there were only a few brands out there. But with dozens of brands/systems available, mixing is inevitable. Rather than resisting it, I wish CND would offer guidance on how to do it as HNH Gelish has done. One of our jobs as nail professionals is to customize our services for the benefit of the client; I wish CND Shellac would help in that. But as long as it's against manufacturer's instructions, I'll have to stick with that. <heavy sigh>

This is WHAT THEY said??? Perhaps someone from CND can enlighten me then if this is the case???

I read it on here love, apparently there had been a shortage and cnd recommended to use other brands, I'm pretty sure gelish was mentioned but can't be sure!

Amelia I can assure u I do everything properly lol, full pep, cuticle away, cnd products, lamp etc. I'm fully trained and have my own salon with lots of happy customers but shellac just doesn't suit this particular client (and me) I have used 2 very well qualified nail techs in the past for my own shellac as well as brisa smoothing and I still never get brilliant results. It's just one of those things in life, not everything suits everyone! Xxxxxx

Actually think it was sweet squared's advice, tried finding post but cant see it! It was that post that made me think, hmmm I'm gonna try that!

I'm not trying to play devils advocate, just want lovely nails :) xxxxx

2 weeks on (yesterday) and nails were perfect! Love the mix and defo going to continue with it on myself. My friend whose shellac doesn't last more than day or 2 text me on thurs to say it was still perfect too. Not ideal mixing systems definitely works!

Going to try shellac base/colour with gelish topcoat nxt week :)

2 weeks on (yesterday) and nails were perfect! Love the mix and defo going to continue with it on myself. My friend whose shellac doesn't last more than day or 2 text me on thurs to say it was still perfect too. Not ideal mixing systems definitely works!

Going to try shellac base/colour with gelish topcoat nxt week :)

Did you find they lasted the same using the shellac base with Gelish top coat? X

Not quite as long but still bit better. I've started using ibx and noticed this helps with longevity too! Cxxxxx

I currently have Brisa base and smoothing gel, with concrete couture gelish colour coats and shellac top coat. CND lamp, works fine.

What I would say as removing shellac base/colour/gelish top is easier than gelish foundation/shellac colour/gelish top cxxxx

I've done mine tonight using everything CND shellac but the Gelish top coat, my left hand always lasts fine but my right hand that I use for everything chips after about 6/7 days so be interesting to see if the gelish top coat helps mine last a bit longer, even a few days extra I will be happy :)

Latest posts

Back