Shellac application and first almond shaped nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Studiosparkle

Reaction score
Hi guys, honest constructive critiques would be most appreciated.

I am rather new to this and this is the first time I did almond shaped natural nails. It's growing on me! Normally, I just do rounded off squared shapes.

Please could you kindly advice on the shape? Should they be a bit pointier? Also the application technique and the finish, what do you think?

Thank you very much for looking :) x
Mona

Mona, though I think you've done a nice job, I don't think you've achieved a true almond shape on all of the nails. Here's a true almond shaped nail. Some of yours are more round. Not bad, though, for a first attempt I must say. :wink2:

ns-page-almond.gif

As far as application, I think you've done well. I don't see any product on the skin. The only recommendation I would make is that you ensure uniformity in getting close to the eponychium. If you look closely, on some nails you've not gotten as close as you did on others. But I think your application is very clean. Good job.

I'd say you did very well over all. :biggrin:

Mona, though I think you've done a nice job, I don't think you've achieved a true almond shape on all of the nails. Here's a true almond shaped nail. Some of yours are more round. Not bad, though, for a first attempt I must say. :wink2:

As far as application, I think you've done well. I don't see any product on the skin. The only recommendation I would make is that you ensure uniformity in getting close to the eponychium. If you look closely, on some nails you've not gotten as close as you did on others. But I think your application is very clean. Good job.

I'd say you did very well over all. :biggrin:

I agree with all that Gr8Nailz has said, generally a really good job. Point those ends a bit more and you'll be spot on.

Nice work.

Thank you so much both Tammie and Vetty. I am most grateful, i will take all the advice on board and I try to improve, shape them more pointy next time and as for getting as close as I could , i find rather tricky! LOL I will keep practicing :)

more advice would be most appreciated!

Thank you so much fellow geeks xoxoxo

You did a good job, Mona. They look good.

Latest posts

Back