Shellac attacked! Rather angry!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProperPrincess

Reaction score
Hi guys. I've bought a few bottles of shellac to add to my collection and my darling daughter... Well I just caught her with them before I'd taken them into salon. No damage except she's tried to open them with her teeth so they look tatty! Could I just replace the lid/brush and if so where could I get replacements?

well its lucky she didnt get them open or come to any harm :) "kids"

you could bling the lids a bit with a few gems ? nothing to big as you will have to hold it to paint, maybe some glitter and glue ?

Depending on how bad they are could you gently buff or file them so that they are smoother ?

Could you call S2 and ask for replacements? I know Nail Harmony will send out spares x

you could bling the lids a bit with a few gems ? nothing to big as you will have to hold it to paint, maybe some glitter and glue ?

Goodness I know. Put them on top of my cabinet and came down and she had a jigsaw box on a chair the little minx!

It told her off. She said she trying the shellock. That's what the girls call it in my house... Don't worry it's not another bluesky lol!

I love the glitter idea. How would u go about doing that mizzy? Xx

Depending on how bad they are could you gently buff or file them so that they are smoother ?

First thing I tried. It made it look more obvious. But thank you xx

Lol, how creative!!

Where would you logically think you could get replacement lids if they are available ??? Your legal UK supplier of course. Strange question.

Where would you logically think you could get replacement lids if they are available ??? Your legal UK supplier of course. Strange question.

I wasn't sure as I thought perhaps the bottles were shipped to the UK as is if that makes sense? Because when I spoke to s2 Tuesday enquiring about one of the brushes being filmy they said it was something new cnd has done and there wasn't anything they could? That problem was fixed with their advice anyway. Not that it was a real problem. Will call them tomorrow and see if I can get some replacements x

I've just read my original post! God that does make me sound a bit thick. I know where I would get them if available :-(

Sorry, but i did laugh at the image of her trying to rip open a bottle with her teeth...the things we do to get our nails shellacked, eh?

I hope you get some replacements quickly. Otherwise, a bit of superglue and a few gems xx

Im sick of reading negative replies like that, its not a strange question and this is a forum for us to ask each other these things!

Im sick of reading negative replies like that, its not a strange question and this is a forum for us to ask each other these things!
Are you really? Where would you think one would logically buy replacements for Shellac? The OPI distributor? :smack: It wasn't a negative reply .. It was a tongue in cheek mildly amusing reply to anyone with a sense of humour who wasn't looking for trouble! The OP seemed to get it ... Why not you?

Are you really? Where would you think one would logically buy replacements for Shellac? The OPI distributor? :smack: It wasn't a negative reply .. It was a tongue in cheek mildly amusing reply to anyone with a sense of humour who wasn't looking for trouble! The OP seemed to get it ... Why not you?

I suppose it depends on how you take it. I knew how it was intended. I knew gigi wouldn't say something to me to put me down or be mean. Tried edge nails but they said no :-( gutted x :)

We have a separate bottle of top coat just to use for glitter nails.
To make sure we don't get them mixed up, I put glitter on the lid of the topcoat we use for glitter-obvs!
Anyway, it works a treat and it lasts and it looks a bit funky as well :)

Love that idea Angelina...mine just has a G painted on the front, haha xx

So the answer is... Sweet squared. They don't actually supply spare lids/brushes but I explained to the lady (think her name was Claire?) and she's going to clean some from empty bottles for me and send them out! How helpful is that. Yey! Now I don't have shabby shellac bottles x

So the answer is... Sweet squared. They don't actually supply spare lids/brushes but I explained to the lady (think her name was Claire?) and she's going to clean some from empty bottles for me and send them out! How helpful is that. Yey! Now I don't have shabby shellac bottles x

They're a great bunch and they really care.

The other day one of the girls went home carrying a 5 litre bottle ON THE BUS for a customer who was desperate for it and lived not to far from her home. Fabulous ... they really go above and beyond.

And also the other day a happy customer sent a big box of chocolates to the customer care dept. to say thank you to them for the wonderful service!! How nice was that?

S2 is so appreciative for having such wonderful 'squares' working with them.

Latest posts

Back