Shellac base coat brush help needed ASAP

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harlsdiesel2

Reaction score
Hi,my base coat brush has spread and is really hard to use got a few sets to do today and was wondering if I used d sperse to clean out a top coat brush could I use this?all of my base coat brushes seem to do this and I've only just got a new one😢 but all my other bottles are fine.X cheers

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360837831.687160.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360837831.687160.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 136
Yes you can clean another brush and use it.

I wonder what you are doing to cause that? Perhaps too much pressure on the brush or using at too sharp an angle when the brush should be held parallel to the nail?

Just beware that the top coat brush is longer and will hold much more base coat and you want to keep it thin, so don't take too much Shellac Base Coat up on the brush.

Yes you can clean another brush and use it.

I wonder what you are doing to cause that? Perhaps too much pressure on the brush or using at too sharp an angle when the brush should be held parallel to the nail?

Just beware that the top coat brush is longer and will hold much more base coat and you want to keep it thin, so don't take too much Shellac Base Coat up on the brush.

Ok brilliant thankyou so much ill do wash one out and use it until I get my next bottle..
I think possibly to much pressure!! So strange tho as I don't do it with any of my others and its only just started to happen..x

Ok brilliant thankyou so much ill do wash one out and use it until I get my next bottle..
I think possibly to much pressure!! So strange tho as I don't do it with any of my others and its only just started to happen..x

A short bristle brush is harder to keep parallel to the nail plate so it's easy to apply more pressure to it to spread the product around and thus, to bend the bristles out of shape the way you have done. WE can all slip into bad habits ... easily done also when under pressure and working quickly (which we tend to do with the base coat).

A short bristle brush is harder to keep parallel to the nail plate so it's easy to apply more pressure to it to spread the product around and thus, to bend the bristles out of shape the way you have done. WE can all slip into bad habits ... easily done also when under pressure and working quickly (which we tend to do with the base coat).

To be honest I think this is spot on! I've been really busy lately and must be rushing to get my base coat on I need to slow down and keep focused.thanks geeg you've sorted me out.Xx

To be honest I think this is spot on! I've been really busy lately and must be rushing to get my base coat on I need to slow down and keep focused.thanks geeg you've sorted me out.Xx

Jolly good! :) WE aim to please. :Love:

Latest posts

Back