Shellac Base?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christine.t

Beauty School NI
Reaction score
Hey guys, I dont know if im constantly just checking S2 at bad times but what is everyone using instead of the shellac base? Or when is it due back in? I'm not lowering myself to buying off eBay for ridiculous money, Im waiting for some more shellac colours to arrive and am using clear brisa as a base in the meantime but it defeats the whole purpose of it :( I am thinking of trying the top coat as a base and see how it goes, has anyone tried this? And has it worked? CTx

I phoned sweet squared today and still no base coat and couldn't tell me when some would be arriving. I have only half a bottle left,,,and the amount I do,, this ain't gonna last long!
Really am going to have to find an alternative so will watch this space!!

You can use a very thin (base layer) of Brisa gel as an alternative.

A very thin layer of Brisa can be soaked off belive it or not ! (not in 10 mins like shellac though lol

(I read this in my brisa work book bit about removals :eek: :lol: )

Is brisa a soak off gel?
No it isn't (not in the 'true' sense of soak off gels)... but it can be used as an alternative base for Shellac.

Hey guys, I dont know if im constantly just checking S2 at bad times but what is everyone using instead of the shellac base? Or when is it due back in? I'm not lowering myself to buying off eBay for ridiculous money, Im waiting for some more shellac colours to arrive and am using clear brisa as a base in the meantime but it defeats the whole purpose of it :( I am thinking of trying the top coat as a base and see how it goes, has anyone tried this? And has it worked?

I hear you can use Gelish (Foundation base coat), until they get more in.

Latest posts

Back