Shellac bottles and sunlight?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leila1712

Reaction score
Hi all! I was windering if it affects the product inside the bottles if exposed to sunlight ( my rack is near a window) ? I have heard you have to hide them in a drawer ..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

Yes it does. Best to keep them out of direct sunlight if possible xx

Sorry I should elaborate on that my Brisa Lite Base Coat cured by sitting in direct sunlight, as did my gel brush! Oops! This was when I first started and I learnt the hard way! I'm guessing this will be the same principal for all colour, base & top coats? I am taking no chances xxx

YES, keep them out of the sun! A friend ruined a brand new bottle doing a Shellac manicure outside, I've also heard of Gelish brushes literally twisting when exposed to sunlight! Oooops

I thought the bottles were UV resistant?

Whilst a closed bottle wouldn't cure in sunlight it wouldn't be good practice to keep your shellac in the sun as it needs to be kept at a regular temperature - no extremes.

If you were actually using the shellac then you shouldn't expose the open bottle / brush to sunlight or the fallout of the light around the lamp whilst working or it will cure. Try turning the lights off and your lamp on and that will show you the areas you need to avoid.

I did a shellac treatment outdoors and it totally ruined my full bottle of shellac and dried out the brush! X

Ahh I think it's just dawned in me.. I'd this why all gel bottles are covered and you can't see what's inside??!

Ahh I think it's just dawned in me.. I'd this why all gel bottles are covered and you can't see what's inside??!

Exactly! UV cured products that we use UV lamps to cure, will also logically cure in sunlight, as the sun emits UV rays

Latest posts

Back