Shellac bottles leaking, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry meant to ask is your upright trolley case a hard one? is it heavy?

Just replied to a similar thread the other day.
I had a hard bodied case but it was knocking lumps out of my car so I changed to this one;
Fabric travel cosmetic trolley bag from beauty boxes
It lighter than my last one but not when it's full as it holds loads more.
Is soft on the outside but with plenty of inside protection.
All my products stay upright in it, so no icky messes to clean up.

I've decided I am going to call s2 tomorrow as my big base coats keep leaking. My last top coat leaked aswell but this time my top coat is fine.

Sorry not replied, i havent had chance to ring them as had a mad week so guna do it tomo x

Sent from my X10i

I have this problem also with the large size bottles. I have found that by cleaning the neck of the bottle and the brush works a treat. If you give the stem of the brush a tug it will come out so you can clean right inside the lid and down the shaft of the brush. Since following these steps I've not had the problem. Hope this helps xx

I put mine in the draw upright and clean. When i go to get my base and top again its all leaked down the sides. Drives me mad.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

Hi all. I had problems when I shake too. Find the liquid is high up in the cap and then drips out when working with it. Which is a huge waste. The only way I got round that was rolling it vigorously between my palms. Hth

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.252384,-2.148636

I emailed sweet squared with the same problem the other day and a lovely girl called Jenny called me and told me the easiest way was for me to take it back to the sweet shop as I'm local to Leeds. I also thought it could be me but I clean the tips of the bottles every time I use them so can't be that!
Planning to go to S2 this week so will let you know what they say.

I have this problem also with the large size bottles. I have found that by cleaning the neck of the bottle and the brush works a treat. If you give the stem of the brush a tug it will come out so you can clean right inside the lid and down the shaft of the brush. Since following these steps I've not had the problem. Hope this helps xx

That's all fine but there's product on the brush that's being wasted and when it's going all up the inside o fthe lid and dripping down aswell.

I don't have to clean my smaller ones and I don't feel we should have to do it with the bigger ones. I will call tomorrow and see what they say. X

Yep, my base coat lid will not do up properly anymore. My husbands an engineer and final inspector, so I got him to see if he could sort of the thread as it's striped. Nothing he could do with it and he said it looks like the plastic used for my lid, is not strong enough or the modeling was wrong for the lid, which is why the thread has striped.

I don't find it a major problem, as even though I'm mobile, I store all my Shellac and polish bottles upright. I've not really had any leak out when I'm shaking the bottle either (yet lol). I just tigthen up the lid to the point where it starts to go off on an angle, so it is still on straight. I've only got a very little bit left anyway. If I keep getting bottles like this, I'll send them back to S2 but for now, it's just the base coat and I'm not too fussed at the point.

I showed the bottle and lid to my CND EA on my Shellac brings em back class and she had no idea why it was the way it was. I've always kept the neck on the bottle clean and there has never been any build up of product on the bottle, so I know it is nothing I have done to cause this.

Sam xx

Hi, I have the same problem with my bottles, especially the top coat - and they are stored upright in the salon - I clean the lid regularly, but am i right to wipe it over with disperse??
What do you other geeks use to clean your with?

lunarstorm,

interested in how u store your bottles upright as you are mobile. mine are in a case but they lay down which doesnt help if they leak.

lunarstorm,

interested in how u store your bottles upright as you are mobile. mine are in a case but they lay down which doesnt help if they leak.

I've got a number of plastic boxes with my kit in. My Shellac is kept in it's rack, inside the box it came in (Bought a salon rack to start me off) , as I have bought more Shellac colours, I've found that the bottles that don't fit in the rack where I have more than it will hold, fit perfectly stood up in the box running along side the rack (not sure I'm explaining that well). My polish bottles are all stood up on the bottom on one plastic box and I put my other bits and bobs around them to "hold them in place", then put light stuff like towels, cotton wool, nail wipes etc on top of them to fill the box.

My clients think it's funny and often say, how the heck do you get all that stiff in that box lol ( and I've got more than one large box and need another soon). Works well for me. I'd never in a million years get everything in a beauty trolley. I've got a "show trolley" for when I show my SBT's, so if I have to take more than I can carry comfortbly ( I have a long term back issue), I just pop the boxes, table and chairs on that and away I go lol.

Sam xxx

I just called s2 there and the lady just said to try and make sure I am scraping te product off the wand before I use it which I thought i was already doing. But I will be taking more care to do this and see how I get on.

If it is still leaking I will stop using the big bottles. X

Mines only the little bottles?? Well when i say small its just normal size? I never realized they did different sizes xx

Sent from my X10i

How do you guys clean your Shellac bottles?

One of the top coats I use just for myself is getting sticky and I haven't figured a good way to clean it yet... :S

Mines only the little bottles?? Well when i say small its just normal size? I never realized they did different sizes xx

Sent from my X10i

Yeah they do the larger bottles of top and base.

How do you guys clean your Shellac bottles?

One of the top coats I use just for myself is getting sticky and I haven't figured a good way to clean it yet... :S

Normally I Give mine a wipe wih D-Sperse!

My base cost has done this...so much that I can't get the lid off at all!i have tried everything,everyone has had a go but nothing I'm going to ring up today see what they say!

Xx

Latest posts

Back