Shellac bottles leaking, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pippit

Reaction score
Has anyone had problems with their shellac bottles leaking?

A few of mine have starting leaking and I have noticed that when I screw the lid on and tighten it , it doesn't look straight where it joins the neck of the bottle. I keep trying to make sure I am putting it on straight ,but it keeps ending up at an angle .If I try to tighten it further ,its as if the tread has gone because I can then not tighten it as it will continue to just twist round and not stop.

Don't know what to do, loosing valuable product!

Has anyone had problems with their shellac bottles leaking?

A few of mine have starting leaking and I have noticed that when I screw the lid on and tighten it , it doesn't look straight where it joins the neck of the bottle. I keep trying to make sure I am putting it on straight ,but it keeps ending up at an angle .If I try to tighten it further ,its as if the tread has gone because I can then not tighten it as it will continue to just twist round and not stop.

Don't know what to do, loosing valuable product!

I did this with my topcoat yesterday , I had to buy a new one today. I think it was my fault though being heavy handed with it and trying to tighten it far too much lol x

Have you made sure that the neck of the bottle is clean and free from any Shellac?
If they are not kept clean this can lead to a build up of semi cured Shellac so making it hard for the lid to close properly.

I have had the same problem with one of mine xxx

You have the opposite problem to me lol, my basecoat just won't undo sometimes! No product around the neck of the bottle or anything it just seems stuck fast. Think I've stopped that by popping a little oil around it though ;)

Yeh my basecoat is the same its driving me mad xx

Sent from my X10i

Klassy Klaws

Yes I have cleaned them. The base coat started today and it was only the 3rd time I had used it.

Mine leak to if they are at an angle so i sowed little pockets in my bag so they are upright all the time now they are fine, (unless my bag falls upside down lol) I don't have an issue with the screw top though they go on an off fine.
It is massively frustrating when they leak though.

Xxxx

I'm mobile and have them in a plastic case I bought from Ellisons that my course educator used to store hers in and thought it was ideal. It has small sections that hold each bottle with a carry handle, its great for holding all the colours, but they do have to lay on their side. Obviously, this may not now be the best thing to use, now I have found that the bottles may leak.

For those mobiles ladies out there, how do to store and carry around your colours?

The large top and base coat drive me crazy too. I am not mobile but I find when I use my base coat after shaking its all leaking out over the lid and dripping down from the lid and this is the second one that's done the same. It wastes so much product! X

My basecoat leaks all the time!! It drives me mad, i always clean it before i put the lid back on but when i come back to it again its all sticky x

I think im going to ring sweet squared today about it because i thought it was just me but obviously not x

Sent from my X10i

My basecoat leaks all the time!! It drives me mad, i always clean it before i put the lid back on but when i come back to it again its all sticky x

Same. Is it the bigger ones you are using? My base coat is worse than my top coat.

Annie can you let us know what they say when you ring them? X

I'm glad this has been brought up because i have the same problem! I currently have the large size base and top coat, they are stored on a shelf and I shake them upright yet when I come to use them product seems to be inside the lid and drips down onto the towel while I'm polishing, waste! I'm forever cleaning the top of bottles.

Also the topcoat especially seems to go thick very quickly, drives me mad.

I'm mobile and have them in a plastic case I bought from Ellisons that my course educator used to store hers in and thought it was ideal. It has small sections that hold each bottle with a carry handle, its great for holding all the colours, but they do have to lay on their side. Obviously, this may not now be the best thing to use, now I have found that the bottles may leak.

For those mobiles ladies out there, how do to store and carry around your colours?

I use the bucket bag from S2 for my Shellac as it has clear pockets running all round it on the outside so I can store everything upright x

I use clear pencil cases from Wilkinsons they are so cheap. I have a few and keep similar colours together. They take no room up in my trolly
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1328874605.269849.jpg
Vicki x

I have also had this problem,

I'm mobile and try to always make sure there upright bur my base coat is the large one and does leak still and my negligee won't tighten now either and the top looks slanted too :(

I had problems with the old style bottles (with the rubber tops) leaking and also unable to do up properly as if the thread has gone. I have not had this with the new bottles though, I am mobile and keep my shellac in one of these

Buy Polish Carry Case from Beauty Express

I keep the base and top coat in their original boxes in my crate with my lamp, they are wedged so they don't fall over.

I am mobile and I use these (without the lids):
Really Useful 0.7 Litre Clear Box - Staples
I have 3 boxes for each of the Shellac releases so that it is quick and easy to select the colour.
I also use another 2 (with lids) for nail wipes and CND Wraps so the are clean and tidy for every client.
My bag is an upright trolley case, so again my bottles are never on their side.
Hope this helps!

Thanks for the ideas for different storage.

I do use the case that was show as a link, but they aren't upright in this.

I then put everything into a large plastic storage box.

The base & top coat that leak aren't large ones.

Did you get any comments from S2 ?

Latest posts

Back