Shellac cheaper on eBay?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandwiches

Reaction score
:evil: as above, just having a mooch on eBay and saw CND Shellac from an Irish distributor cheaper than S2. £xx.xx with free delivery. This whole eBay thing is getting ridiculous now. I'm losing clients because they are buying kits from eBay and similar products from coupon sites. I actually had a lady ring and cancel hers and her daughters appointments as she'd done their own with a kit from eBay.

Not sure how it can be policed, I'm just venting frustration!

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not just clients buying stuff from ebay, i have two salons near mine and both are offering shellac and minx for £10.00, a friends mother inlaw has been and enquired and guess what ...... Minx is millenium wraps and trendy wraps but have all branding taken off the sheets and shellac is bluesky from ebay its sooo annoying, clients know no better but think the salons that offer genuine products at a higher cost are just ripping clients off. Rant over.

Drives me potty '100% Genuin CND Shellac' its against the law to say its something it's not, so we have to assume its genuine. I did spot another Shellac rip off called CCO Shellac. I will continue to get mine from S2 as I'm loyal but it does grind my gears :biggrin:

This is one of the reasons I always refer to Shellac on my website as CND Shellac which is the full name of it and reinforces that I only use the genuine article.

Clients will come to you if you offer the real deal.

The others who use the knocks are only making a bad rep for themselves which in turn will generate you more clients.

Clients will come to you if you offer the real deal.

The others who use the knocks are only making a bad rep for themselves which in turn will generate you more clients.

I honestly wish this was the case, sometimes it is, but too often than not it puts people off ever having it done again even if you explain that what they had might not of been genuin. People don't want to spend more money to see if it's true or not. :)

Thats a good point. Some will be put off for life. But we juat need to coax them into trying it, even if its just a pinkie done to show that there should be no buffing heatspikes etc.

Thats a good point. Some will be put off for life. But we juat need to coax them into trying it, even if its just a pinkie done to show that there should be no buffing heatspikes etc.

That's it, we just have to be better :)

Latest posts

Back