CND Shellac on eBay

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Biljana

Reaction score
I am not sure if I live in my own little world because clients have been telling me Shellac is available online, specifically eBay. I checked it out and they were right! Pages after pages of shellac available :( Cheaper than what I pay from my distributor! I do realize they could be fake however the user ratings on the sellers are 100% positive so I am not pleased. I guess techs such as myself could be selling it but where is the profit, which leaves me to think it must be connected to distributors.

Unfortunately u can buy ALOT of legit professional products on ebay. Not sure if the SELLERS are legit though but they make it wayyyyy to easy for just anyone to get their hands on it. :(

I am not sure if I live in my own little world because clients have been telling me Shellac is available online, specifically eBay. I checked it out and they were right! Pages after pages of shellac available :( Cheaper than what I pay from my distributor! I do realize they could be fake however the user ratings on the sellers are 100% positive so I am not pleased. I guess techs such as myself could be selling it but where is the profit, which leaves me to think it must be connected to distributors.

I thought that. If its cheaper to buy from there its either fake or distributor but then I thought Courier!! My order from S2 was destroyed but there was no shellac in there so nothing was taken. However other deliverys to S2 from CND could be "lost" and then sold on ebay. My uncle used to manage a major courier company and it happens he band staff from carrying tape so they couldn't tape boxes back up.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

I thought that. If its cheaper to buy from there its either fake or distributor but then I thought Courier!! My order from S2 was destroyed but there was no shellac in there so nothing was taken. However other deliverys to S2 from CND could be "lost" and then sold on ebay. My uncle used to manage a major courier company and it happens he band staff from carrying tape so they couldn't tape boxes back up.

And they think it is a victimless crime!!

And they think it is a victimless crime!!

One thing you do need to know, is that anything to0 do with Shellac that you see on fleabay then it has been illegally imported or is being illegally sold.

If you see something cheaper than you can buy it as a professional? then it is fake or certainly illegally imported. NO ONE apart from the authorised distributors are legally allowed to sell these professional use only products in the UK.

If S2 finds out that any customer is buying and selling Shellac on ebay they are cut off immediately from S2 as source of supply. This has happened numerous times ... fancy our own colleagues selling us out?? Disgraceful IMHO.

If it looks too good too be true, it usually is. If its half price its most likely half the quality, not worth the risk.
I would rather pay the proper price and know I'm getting the proper product :D

If it looks too good too be true, it usually is. If its half price its most likely half the quality, not worth the risk.
I would rather pay the proper price and know I'm getting the proper product :D

Very hard to convince uneducated clients

There are ways to stop it, I would think. Why can't CND ban eBay as a company to stop these sellers from selling to public what isn't theirs to sell?

This makes me sad as i have also noticed CHEAP bottles of Cnd Shellac.
Its annoyed me lately as i have had a client ask me how much i pay for a bottle (rude i know:eek:), I told her the truth and she smirked at me like i was fibbing:confused:.
This same client then asked how much a service would cost her if she....wait for it....provided her own shellac from ebay....
Im just waiting for her facebook page, I can see it now...'Shellack tips with Tracey for a tenner'

...I just want to add this still doesn't even tempt me away from s2

One thing you do need to know, is that anything to0 do with Shellac that you see on fleabay then it has been illegally imported or is being illegally sold.

If you see something cheaper than you can buy it as a professional? then it is fake or certainly illegally imported. NO ONE apart from the authorised distributors are legally allowed to sell these professional use only products in the UK.

If S2 finds out that any customer is buying and selling Shellac on ebay they are cut off immediately from S2 as source of supply. This has happened numerous times ... fancy our own colleagues selling us out?? Disgraceful IMHO.

If a salon shuts down and wants to sell its stock off, will S2 buy it back, like Dermalogica do?
Very often this is one of the reasons for cheap products and so if there was a way for businesses to recoup without going to eBay, this might reduce the amount being seen.

If it's extremely cheap, its a fake. Distributors won't risk selling product on eBay because their account from the manufacture will be at risk if they are caught. I personally don't trust these types of products on eBay.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was recently asked by one of my clients (who is 'trained in shellac' but doesn't do it any more!!) why I don't buy my products from eBay / amazon as its a lot cheaper.
When I tried I explain that I have a fantastic supplier (S2) and I know the products are all genuine and high quality she said I was silly paying those sort of prices when I could get genuine products cheaper on eBay! I wonder why she doesn't offer shellac any more!!!

I was recently asked by one of my clients (who is 'trained in shellac' but doesn't do it any more!!) why I don't buy my products from eBay / amazon as its a lot cheaper.
When I tried I explain that I have a fantastic supplier (S2) and I know the products are all genuine and high quality she said I was silly paying those sort of prices when I could get genuine products cheaper on eBay! I wonder why she doesn't offer shellac any more!!!

LOL silly woman

This makes me sad as i have also noticed CHEAP bottles of Cnd Shellac.
Its annoyed me lately as i have had a client ask me how much i pay for a bottle (rude i know:eek:), I told her the truth and she smirked at me like i was fibbing:confused:.
This same client then asked how much a service would cost her if she....wait for it....provided her own shellac from ebay....
Im just waiting for her facebook page, I can see it now...'Shellack tips with Tracey for a tenner'

...I just want to add this still doesn't even tempt me away from s2

Oh no she didn't.... Silly woman.
I still get annoyed that ellisons display prices for public to see. So they think they are getting ripped of they don't care we spend time on them and and have other costs to cover :mad:

I have heard of this happening and I read somewhere that there is a way to tell if its the genuine Shellac. Something to do with the bottle and what is on it. Now I can't remember what it is but. Someone somewhere said its fake : it really annoys me when people do this

There is a local SALON!! Using cco shellac. They are so proud of their 'shellac' collection they even have a picture of the display on Facebook. £22.50 hands or toes....bargain!:wink2:

There is a local SALON!! Using cco shellac. They are so proud of their 'shellac' collection they even have a picture of the display on Facebook. £22.50 hands or toes....bargain!:wink2:

WHAT!! that would do my head in. I wouldn't be able to wall past it without being enraged every time.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373928985.786280.jpg Saw this on someone's FB page the other day. Was shocked. I did not know this existed.

I do realize they could be fake however the user ratings on the sellers are 100% positive so I am not pleased.

Because the seller has 100% positive feedback does not mean the items are not fake. There are loads of sellers of fake handbags and shoes who have 100% feedback because people don't realise they have bought a fake. I have even seen threads on here in the "Chit Chat" section where people have defended the right to buy fake designer bags and called me a snob because I have challenged it :mad:

The people who unknowingly buy fakes will never appreciate the real quality of the authentic items. Their bag/shoes will fall apart or wear badly and their fake nail products will not wear well on their clients, plus they will probably have to endure stinky smelling products. Leave them to it and just make sure your own business is run on the highest quality products bought from the correct places.

Because the seller has 100% positive feedback does not mean the items are not fake. There are loads of sellers of fake handbags and shoes who have 100% feedback because people don't realise they have bought a fake. I have even seen threads on here in the "Chit Chat" section where people have defended the right to buy fake designer bags and called me a snob because I have challenged it :mad:

The people who unknowingly buy fakes will never appreciate the real quality of the authentic items. Their bag/shoes will fall apart or wear badly and their fake nail products will not wear well on their clients, plus they will probably have to endure stinky smelling products. Leave them to it and just make sure your own business is run on the highest quality products bought from the correct places.

Absolutely a valid point, and I agree with you. But if you go on eBay and look for yourself you will notice that there is a very good chance Shellac is the real deal. What is CND doing to help get it off the free market? The company is all about exclusivity and that is what gives professionals the edge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back