Shellac chipping!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyEssence

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I need help!! I have done Shellac on two clients in the last week and both have chipped on the first stay.
What am I doing wrong? However, the weird thing is, they were both the same colour.......its the coral colour (not sure what its called. Think its either tutti frutti or tropix) However, on one of the clients I did one nail using the Rockstar nails design and that one has not chipped atal.

Also I have done mine using Shellac since then and mine have not chipped.

I need help please. Has anybody had the same problem??? xxxxxx

You will need to give us a little more information before we can help as there are a few different reasons that you could be having problems.
List the stages of pep and application the products you use and also do you use the CND Lamp?

When you topcoated the nails, were they all covered completely and was the free edge sealed? I remember the only time I had chipping problems was when my topcoat was running out I had trouble getting coverage. I know they say 'thin to win' but you can make it TOO thin... either that, or too thick!

What are your steps during PEP & application? Are you using the CND Lamp? xxx

EDIT: Whoops, sorry Klassy Klaws... posts crossed! :hug:

Hi Geeks.
Thanks for replying and helping me!!

All I do is take away any cuticle and then apply the base coat, 2 coats of the colour and a top coat. Curing 2mins between each application.
I have just purchased some scrubfresh from S2 and waiting for it to be delivered......would I use this before I apply the Shellac?
Also I dont use the CND lamp. Is it best to use their lamp? Is that lamp good for mobile though as in the process of starting up my business.

Also I have ordered a new top coat as I was running out so that may have also been the issue.

X

There's your problem.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/172609-uv-product-summary.html

The CND lamp is perfect. I love it... 5 finger cure, it looks sleek and shiny, and it IS perfect for mobile as it has a handle.

Your insurance wont cover you if you have any issues as you are not using it as a complete system... It's not an expensive lamp, you'll make your money back within 4/5 treatments!!

Do yourself and your clients a favour and give them the best... the CND lamp was specially made for Shellac.

USE IT!

Also, when you do get the lamp, make sure to neutralise the cuticle remover with soapy water before application, then scrubfresh.

xx

Thank you so much for your reply Emily!!!
Straightafter I read your reply and the article I purchased the new CND UV Lamp so hopefully I wont have this issue again :-D

Thank you for all your help and advise.
Xxxxxxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back