Shellac colour feedback - what have been your most popular colours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmmaRoseBeauty

Reaction score
Hi Geeks and Geeklettes,

I have recently started out with the Shellac system and only pirchased 4 colors, french and base and top to get going. I want to expand my range and thinking of placing an order for at least another 5 colors so was wondering if you guys and girls could give me feedback on what colors have been most popular in the last say 2 months?

I already have Wildfire, Alpsalt, Tutti Fruitti, Decadance, Beau and Cream Puff for French.

I like the look of Tropix as I think coral is very poular. Purple purple also is on my shot list and Cocoa or Cappuccino look interesting...:confused:

I would definitely get tropix. Purple purple has been popular for me recently so has hot pop pink.

2 colours I couldn't be without are iced coral, I'm not a fan of it on it's own but used to layer it is fab. The other is moonlight and roses. Gorgeous on it's own or used to layer over any of the other colours

Thanks for the feedback Stephiebaby :)

Tropix is the most popular at the moment closely followed by tutti frutti :) x

I only have 8 colours at the moment, Tropix has been my most popular so far, followed by Tutti Frutti x

Thanks girls :) Tropix is a definate then!

Do you think the Hotchi to Tchotchke will also be popular? Thinking alot of clients like the bright colors atm.

Also really looking for a nude/pastel pinky/peachy color... already had my eye on moonlight and roses :lick:

i have also just started with shellac a few weeks ago, i have 8 colours including M+R and studio white for french,

purple purple is a lovely colour, i wasnt sure about hotski but clients keep picking it!! M+R is lovely over other colours turns asphalt a pinky lilac,

ive got hot pop pink and yes its a nice pink but i think im going to get hot chillis as thats more the sort of pink my clients want

i have also just started with shellac a few weeks ago, i have 8 colours including M+R and studio white for french,

purple purple is a lovely colour, i wasnt sure about hotski but clients keep picking it!! M+R is lovely over other colours turns asphalt a pinky lilac,

ive got hot pop pink and yes its a nice pink but i think im going to get hot chillis as thats more the sort of pink my clients want

Some real good and helpful feedback, thanks alot. Clients keeping saying they would like hotski with me too... Im shocked tbh... I wouldnt pick it but looks like I might add it to my collection and definate add M&R aswell as that seems to be a favourite of the fellow geeks :)

Keep the threads coming! Never can have enough feedback!

Tropix is popular, also finding Hot Pop Pink esp for toes, purple purple too

I would not be without my Moonlight & Roses or Strawberry Smoothie as they can be used as a top layer over virtually anything and transform it, literally doubling (or trebling) your colours just like that

Moonlight & Roses kind of makes colours pearly, Strawberry Smoothie makes them look pearly & a bit metallic, very populer and SS also on its own very popular.

hth x

Hot Pop Pink has been mentioned a few times, does anyone know how similar it is to Tutti Fruitti? Thinking I might be better off ordering Gotcha or Hot Chilli's instead :/

Tropix is popular, also finding Hot Pop Pink esp for toes, purple purple too

I would not be without my Moonlight & Roses or Strawberry Smoothie as they can be used as a top layer over virtually anything and transform it, literally doubling (or trebling) your colours just like that

Moonlight & Roses kind of makes colours pearly, Strawberry Smoothie makes them look pearly & a bit metallic, very populer and SS also on its own very popular.

hth x

Thanks Blossom very helpful :)

Glad you asked this! I've just ordered my Shellac kit and am booking to go on the training course in August (my day job is in a school so got to stick to holiday time!). Only got a few colours to start with and chose Cream Puff and Moonlight & Roses for french manicure. Is this a good combination? What colours do you use?
Hoping it will be worth the wait till I do the course, very excited!! xx

I have all the colours and I would say the most popular are;
Purple purple, Asphalt, Red Baroness, Wildfire, Tropix, Tutti Frutti, Rubble.
Others are popular too!
Hmmm I think you need them all!

I have all the colours and I would say the most popular are;
Purple purple, Asphalt, Red Baroness, Wildfire, Tropix, Tutti Frutti, Rubble.
Others are popular too!
Hmmm I think you need them all!

Funny you should say that because I think I need them all too! Shellac is so addictive...!

Glad you asked this! I've just ordered my Shellac kit and am booking to go on the training course in August (my day job is in a school so got to stick to holiday time!). Only got a few colours to start with and chose Cream Puff and Moonlight & Roses for french manicure. Is this a good combination? What colours do you use?
Hoping it will be worth the wait till I do the course, very excited!! xx

Glad you found this post helpful too... Its so hard deciding which ones but even harder to know which will actually be popular with clients.

I am fully qualified beautician and have 5yrs experience but I am also going on the shellac course in July... Im really looking forward to all the tips and tricks they will show me and to learn more about 'layering' :)

Some real good and helpful feedback, thanks alot. Clients keeping saying they would like hotski with me too... Im shocked tbh... I wouldnt pick it but looks like I might add it to my collection and definate add M&R aswell as that seems to be a favourite of the fellow geeks :)

Keep the threads coming! Never can have enough feedback!

i wouldnt have chosen hotski either but i got the 3.0 collection and it was in there, fantastic value for money,

hot pop pink is like a sort of barbie pink, its nice dont get me wrong but dont think its going to be popular with the older ladies!!

Glad you found this post helpful too... Its so hard deciding which ones but even harder to know which will actually be popular with clients.

I am fully qualified beautician and have 5yrs experience but I am also going on the shellac course in July... Im really looking forward to all the tips and tricks they will show me and to learn more about 'layering' :)

Yeah, I'm looking forward to learning about layering too! Infact, I'm looking forward to learning everything about it! I've done a lot of research on here too and it all sounds very exciting!! Roll on August!! :D

Hot Pop Pink has been mentioned a few times, does anyone know how similar it is to Tutti Fruitti? Thinking I might be better off ordering Gotcha or Hot Chilli's instead :/

It's not really like Tutti Frutti. HPP is a real barbie pink, and is a strong matte shade, whereas Tutti is pearly

My most popular colour by far at the moment is dark lava it's sooooo popular. After that tropix & tutti frutti.

Just a quick question does anyone find cocoa popular? I have it a year & never used it 😏

My most popular colour by far at the moment is dark lava it's sooooo popular. After that tropix & tutti frutti.

Just a quick question does anyone find cocoa popular? I have it a year & never used it ��

OMG a year and not once... wont be getting that colour then! Lava looks nice and rich :) Thanks

Latest posts

Back