Shellac colours/finish question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabapocalypse

Reaction score
I've been having Shellac applied at a lovely local salon for the last eighteen months. Last time I had Rouge Rite, and love the finish on it; slightly translucent, very VERY shiny and sort of 'squishy' looking (in ordinary nail polish I believe it's called a 'jelly'?). Then I remembered having Ruby Ritz at Christmas and really enjoying that, too and that was similar with a touch of glitter, so I started looking for other colours with this finish to try in the future.

So far, looking on-line I've come up with Rose Brocade (the plan for my next appointment!), Nordic Nights and I think Decadence? Am I right, please, and are there others?

I've not so far found swatches that help too much but if there are some and I've missed them I'd be very grateful for a link.

Many thanks.

Can't your current nail tech recommend new colours for you? They would have access to cnd product information and what's coming up in the July collection.

Oh, undoubtedly! Trouble is I get there and I dither, and end up having an old favourite instead. The finishes (apart from the obvious shimmer/cream differences) look much the same on the nail wheels at the salon.

It's a first world problem I guess but just hoping to do some 'homework' and am not sure if I'm making sense describing the way those particular colours look on the nail. Another reason is this type seem to last very well on me; Rouge Rite looked new until it came off today on day 19; I'd have gone for it again but wanted to try Rose Brocade this time.

Latest posts

Back