Shellac confusion!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm new to shellac, and although i've had the training, I have a few queries. Please can anyone tell me how to layer different colours, and what are pigments/powders? Also, what is rockstar? And finally, which colours would you all say are the most popular to have in (not including French, as I have that)

Thanks!!:confused:

Hi everyone,
I'm new to shellac, and although i've had the training, I have a few queries. Please can anyone tell me how to layer different colours, and what are pigments/powders? Also, what is rockstar? And finally, which colours would you all say are the most popular to have in (not including French, as I have that)

Thanks!!:confused:

Did you not go over layering on your course? Normally you would layer the darker colour first for example fedora, i would do 2 coats of it curing each for 2 mins then apply a layer of iced coral. You will end up with a gorgeous dark teal. Cure that and then top coat and cure.

Rockstar is a full on glitter effect nail. If you search on you tube for fingernailfixer she has several videos showing the application, you will want the rockstar v3.

Popular colours really do vary but I find my most popular at the moment are tutti frutti, tropix, purple purple, moonlight and roses, hot pop pink, iced coral (for layering not so keen on its own) and all the reds.

xxx

Thank you, I have been looking at other Q & A on here, and everyone has some fantastic hints and tips! We didn't do the layering on the course. I have Rose Bud, Tropix, Red Baroness, Beau and Cream Puff, and was wondering which were the best colours to get next! xx

Good thread!
We didn't do layering either. They just said it could be done x

Thank you, I have been looking at other Q & A on here, and everyone has some fantastic hints and tips! We didn't do the layering on the course. I have Rose Bud, Tropix, Red Baroness, Beau and Cream Puff, and was wondering which were the best colours to get next! xx

If you can afford it s2 have a sale on at the moment. If it's still available they were selling a pack with purple purple, hotski, asphalt, studio White. Moonlight and roses, zillionaire and them you get a free beau and mother of pearl.

If not my above recommendations are a good bet at best ones to get.

Also if you go on Facebook and search fingernailfixer she has hundreds of layering options in her photo gallery. Or try CND.com xx

My most popular colours are

Fedora
Moonlight & roses layered over anything and under neutral Rockstars
Tropix
Hotski
Wildfire
Rock Royalty
Hot pop pink

Most of my clients have layering done, and I do a lot of mica shellac for a variation of colours. I would get one of each colour group so the first ones I brought were

Fedora
Tropix
Wildfire
Romantique
Studio white
Rock royalty
Gotcha
Asphalt
Purple purple
Iced cap

I would recommend you get the 6 pack shellac with 2 free colours as you are saving 50% which is great value x

Have you joined the Shellac group on here? If not, have a look, loads of information on layering etc and there is a rockstar group too x

Thanks for all your help everyone! x

Latest posts

Back