Shellac conversion to OPI Gel or Gel II

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labelle121

Reaction score
Hi Everyone
I have been a Shellac user for 4 years and I am looking at converting to a longer lasting Gel colour that is as good or better and these two Brands keep getting mentioned can anyone tell me of their experience and preferences please?

I've never used opi, but I do love gel II, there is over 170 colours including glitters and reactions (colour change) no base coat and there is three top coats, Matt, extreme shine and no cleanse too coat so one suitable for all. It led curable and the lamps fab, rechargeable and can be used as a hand rest too. Bottle size is 14ml so a lot for your money.

My clients love it.

I'm a Gel ll lover as well. I've been using it alongside shellac for some months and had great success with it. Clients nail condition is fab after removal as well.

I did the conversion course the other day and had a brilliant trainer and learnt loads.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Another vote for Gel II, I love it! I use it along side Shellac, so cure both in CND lamp. I'm saving for the Gel II lamp so I can do the conversion course. X

I've never used opi, but I do love gel II, there is over 170 colours including glitters and reactions (colour change) no base coat and there is three top coats, Matt, extreme shine and no cleanse too coat so one suitable for all. It led curable and the lamps fab, rechargeable and can be used as a hand rest too. Bottle size is 14ml so a lot for your money.

My clients love it.

Hi, I use shellac and was wondering about the removal for gel II? X

I've honestly never had a problem with removal. It takes a little longer than shellac but I use heated mitts which my clients love and it comes off fine. It also leaves the natural nail looking great, so an added bonus x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have used all three, ive switched from shellac completely now and am going to sell all my stock. Opi is great, removal is really easy but some colours shrink back quite badly so i have limited colours as some of them are bad! But of the good colours they are good! Im new to gel ll, i found application good but removal is harder :lol:.

I guess every brand has its pros and cons :lol:

Latest posts

Back