Shellac Cream Puff discoloured/turned yellow the next day

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikolova01

London Mobile Nail Artist and Educator
Reaction score
Hello geeks, I have a quick question.
I did my shellac beginners course almost 2 months ago and have done a few manicures so far. I follow all the steps as taught and use only cnd products, including the lamp, bought from sweetsquared. For this particular nail set I used the base coat, original top coat and cream puff that were included in my beginners pack. So far I have done 3 french manicures with them and I didn't have problems. However, yesterday I did my mother's nails and she then went on her christmas party. This morning she woke up and her white nail had turned yellow on both hands (but they don't look so yellowish on the sides). She doesn't use any medication, spray tan, didn't wash any dishes or cleaned since I did the nails so I have no idea what caused this, but I would like to know so that I can prevent it from happening on my clients. Any ideas? Is it possible that my top coat went bad.. I don't see this yellow tint on the rest of the nails though.. Also I won't be seeing her for a week, so how should I advise her on cleaning the nails? Would rubbing with acetone help, or possibly slightly buffing the shellac top coat and applying normal top coat to bring back the shine? xx
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1513600423.165537.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1513600431.556275.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1513600450.677507.jpg

I'd say that's foundation staining from when she put her face on for the party :D

Or rooting around in the buffet crisp bowl :) xx

Looks like staining, get her to give them a rub with alcohol should do the trick

Thanks ladies, she said they just had roast dinner, so no eating with hands and she applies her foundation with a brush.. I will try cream puff on myself and see if I can keep it clean to make sure my product or application were not the problem. [emoji5]️

Does she smoke? Or was she stood with people who were smoking? Or did she apply self tan? Just make sure your top coat is applied thoroughly when you try it on yourself :) x

I’ve had ladies get stain transfer from jeans, gloves & even handbags

Cleaning products can also cause the gel to discolour.

Latest posts

Back