Shellac French colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky_simon

Reaction score
Hi there

I have a new client on Monday requesting French Shellac. Can anyone advise their most popular French combinations?

I have clearly pink
Negligee
Romantique
Beau
Moonlight & Roses
Strawberry Smoothie
Cream Puff

I know all of these can be used but I would like to know where one gives the most coverage, which one looks more natural etc

Many thanks

I either do cream puff with negligee or beau. Think beau gives a lovely pink but not everyone wants a slight sheen/sparkle so opt for negligee.

I know you haven't got it but i love using studio white for french i do 2 thin coats for the tip for a better full coverage. It applies so well and makes french a pure dream... Never thought id say that lol!

When i use cream puff I only use one coat for cream puff for the tip which again is toned down with beau and negligee. I always use this for toes.

Ha sorry i waffled on a bit there!

Hth x x x

Ps one with gems is cream puff and beau- scuse the wonky smile line eep and the other is studio white and beau (this is mums we're removing tomorrow after almost 3 weeks wear :) )

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348353843.148904.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348353843.148904.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 875
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348353946.305120.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348353946.305120.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,812
My most popular is negligee and cream puff (i always do 2 thin layers of cream puff) x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348355802.403690.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348355802.403690.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 8,659
Yeah, I'd usually ask my client if they like a subtle (studio white) or defined (creampuff) smile line. Then ask them if they have a colour preference for the French colour. It helps to have pre-painted colour pops for them to ooh and ahh at. :lol::Love: There's no harm in doing a little poll by asking your clients if there's a colour that they would prefer for French if you were going to get more in the future. x

I only recently introduced Shellac to the salon so I'm still building up my colour range so the only french colours I have are cream puff, beau and moonlight & roses. The most popular base colour is beau which I think is lovely, it gives the nail bed a lovely healthy look.

Unless someone specifically requests it I'm going to stick to cream puff for the tip colour and dont intend to buy studio white. I think if you want your tip white then go for a bright white, but if anyone says to me they want a more subtle white in the future I'll buy it, but I wont suggest it.

I either do cream puff with negligee or beau. Think beau gives a lovely pink but not everyone wants a slight sheen/sparkle so opt for negligee.

I know you haven't got it but i love using studio white for french i do 2 thin coats for the tip for a better full coverage. It applies so well and makes french a pure dream... Never thought id say that lol!

When i use cream puff I only use one coat for cream puff for the tip which again is toned down with beau and negligee. I always use this for toes.

Ha sorry i waffled on a bit there!

Hth x x x

Ps one with gems is cream puff and beau- scuse the wonky smile line eep and the other is studio white and beau (this is mums we're removing tomorrow after almost 3 weeks wear :) )

These are lovely! Could I ask how you stick your gems on? I've been pressing them into the top coat but they're not lasting more than a couple of days x

my clients like Studio White and Beau for the more natural subtle look and love romantique and cream puff for a more p&w look.

What's p+w? :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SalonGeek

What's p+w? :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SalonGeek

pink & whites
refering to what acrylic or gel manicures generally look like when doing french

These are lovely! Could I ask how you stick your gems on? I've been pressing them into the top coat but they're not lasting more than a couple of days x

Try sticking them into the tacky layer of colour and then covering with top coat xx

pink & whites
refering to what acrylic or gel manicures generally look like when doing french

Ahh ok, thought it would be something like that but I couldn't quite place the letters. Thanks. :lol:

Thank you everyone for all your colour combo's I will get 'colour popping' tonight so my client can see before hand

Hi hun

I do slightly different from flawless, i apply the gems in topcoat cure then apply second topcoat and cure. I find the topcoats viscosity is slightly thicker than the colour and holds better than tacky layer. The topcoat really holds the base of the gem in place. I then do a final topcoat nice and thin and its holds those babies in for 2 weeks no problem. Some say it affects the sparkle/clarity but i dont find it too much of an issue if im honest. Swarovskis are best, the ones in the pic are just gems.

Hth x x x

Hi hun

I do slightly different from flawless, i apply the gems in topcoat cure then apply second topcoat and cure. I find the topcoats viscosity is slightly thicker than the colour and holds better than tacky layer. The topcoat really holds the base of the gem in place. I then do a final topcoat nice and thin and its holds those babies in for 2 weeks no problem. Some say it affects the sparkle/clarity but i dont find it too much of an issue if im honest. Swarovskis are best, the ones in the pic are just gems.

Hth x x x

Thanks happyfeet - another one for me to try out! x

Latest posts

Back