Shellac French nightmare!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kova

Reaction score
Need help ~ for sometime now I have had problems with my French staying on more than 4 days.
Having tried for months to fix the problem but unable to I phoned the centre I did my training. They suggested a 1 hour training session costing 54.00. I have the training session which seem useful but only lasted 47mins!! The trainer applied French to my nails to demo application. When I returned home from the training session I followed the advise given and applied French shellac to a friend. 3hrs following the training session my nails chipped. :( and then I had a call from my friend to say that hers had chipped :( does anyone else have this problem?? Lost all faith in Shellac :((

Need help ~ for sometime now I have had problems with my French staying on more than 4 days.
Having tried for months to fix the problem but unable to I phoned the centre I did my training. They suggested a 1 hour training session costing 54.00. I have the training session which seem useful but only lasted 47mins!! The trainer applied French to my nails to demo application. When I returned home from the training session I followed the advise given and applied French shellac to a friend. 3hrs following the training session my nails chipped. :( and then I had a call from my friend to say that hers had chipped :( does anyone else have this problem?? Lost all faith in Shellac :((
hello , welcome to geek.
what are your steps ?
what PEP are you doing ?
what brand is your light ?

How thick do you do the white? It's best to do 2 thin coats than one thick, also are you sealing the free edge on every single layer? It could also be your lamp but if it's only french having this problem then it'll be down to your application x

What we're trying to say here is walk us through every step so we can figure out what's going.

Don't give up. French Shellac DOES last. Trust us and let us help you.

How thick do you do the white? It's best to do 2 thin coats than one thick, also are you sealing the free edge on every single layer? It could also be your lamp but if it's only french having this problem then it'll be down to your application x

When you say you do 2 thin, one thick. Is that just the white you do that with. Iv been doing one thin coat?

When you say you do 2 thin, one thick. Is that just the white you do that with. Iv been doing one thin coat?

I do base, pink colour coat, 2 thin whites then top coat, one coat is probably fine tho I just do it to get a really crisp colour cos sometimes it looks uneven x

I just hope and pray some day I can truly do the dreaded French I have watched and practised till I'm blue but still no confidence to offer this yet it's preventing me from offering nails yet :Scared:

Hi!!

I had heaps of problems with my french Shellac as well. After many months, I now have narrowed down to what it was! It was not having my topcoat thick enough. As it is clear and I was trying to do thin thin, i was not inspecting to see if I got full coverage! I have incl my link as it has pretty much all things that could possibly result in a imperfect finish.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/151738-why-my-shellac-application-chipping-please-help.html

All the best :lol:

Thank you Lozenja x

I have to say I've not any problems with french yet. Like said before I do 1 thin coat then go back and touch it up if I still think it's looking a little patchy. I always make sure I've capped the free edge properly when doing french both with the white and then with the top coat.

jbeauty couture you will get there! when I think of how many horrific french manicures I've done when I first strated out I cringe. dont give up.

Loads of great advice here! Also remember that Shellac is a power polish and doesn't add alot of extra strength - its only as good as it's canvas as they say.
If people are used to to the added strength of acrylic or gels they may be heavy handed.

Is it just the Shella French that chips? Or all colours?
xxx

Latest posts

Back