Shellac French

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LyndzBelle80

Reaction score
Hi can anyone help me please, when doing shellac french can you use acetone for creating the smile line or is it pure 99% IPA or is this the same?
im following the CND shellac instructions but havent bought the 99% IPA yet??

sorry if this is a dumb question

thankyou

lyndz

Last edited:
Acetone is used for Shellac removal, so no, never use acetone for sharpening the smile.
You NEED to have 99% isopropyl alcohol to remove the inhibition layer after the final cure, you can also use it for sharpening the smile lines.

I removed one of your threads as there were two posted :wink2:
Are you asking this as a consumer or as a professional?

Last edited:
Hi can anyone help me please, when doing shellac french can you use acetone for creating the smile line or is it pure 99% IPA or is this the same?
im following the CND shellac instructions but havent bought the 99% IPA yet??

sorry if this is a dumb question

thankyou

lyndz

I use a French brush that is wet with a little alcohol for clean up on a smile if need be

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Acetone is used for Shellac removal, so no, never use acetone for sharpening the smile.
You NEED to have 99% isopropyl alcohol to remove the inhibition layer after the final cure, you can also use it for sharpening the smile lines.

I removed one of your threads as there were two posted :wink2:
Are you asking this as a consumer or as a professional?

thanks i was just double checking to make sure i had the right stuff as id read about different acetones and different % alcohols.

im asking as a consumer, ive been getting my nails done for a while and have done other types of gel myself using kits but have just bought the shellac stuff and lamp as from a cost point of view it was getting expensive for me.

i realised i had posted in the wrong bit and reposted in consumer queries..

Thanks

im asking as a consumer, ive been getting my nails done for a while and have done other types of gel myself using kits but have just bought the shellac stuff and lamp as from a cost point of view it was getting expensive for me.
A bit of advice for you Lyndz, you won't get the same results by doing them yourself as you would if you went to a professional technician, the obvious reason is due to them having had training for the products they use.

As a consumer, I see your point re costs etc, but you're not just paying for a product, you're paying for experience and training too. Just something to keep in mind!

My best advice for you is to get some training, even if it's just basic education on sanitisation, infections and how to deal with them etc.

A bit of advice for you Lyndz, you won't get the same results by doing them yourself as you would if you went to a professional technician, the obvious reason is due to them having had training for the products they use.

As a consumer, I see your point re costs etc, but you're not just paying for a product, you're paying for experience and training too. Just something to keep in mind!

My best advice for you is to get some training, even if it's just basic education on sanitisation, infections and how to deal with them etc.

Thank for your advice, i do plan on doin some training as would like to in the future be able to maybe charge but not until i had the proper experience. For now this is just for me and my sister and whilst i understand that I wont get the same finish as an experienced technician Im pretty confident that I can get a good enough fiish that I would be happy with for now.

thanks again :)

I thought Shellac was only for professionals to purchase !!

Can I ask where you purchased the shellac from?

OMG!! Shocking! :eek:

Can I ask where you purchased the shellac from?

I bought it all from ebay and online shops. im quite happy to spend the money and buy the correct stuff. Ive followed the cnd instructions exactly and bought everything they have said.

OMG!! Shocking! :eek:

im sorry but why is this shocking?

im not hurting anyone, im only doing mine, my mums and sisters nails and even if i was only doing my own i would still have bought all the stuff.
I considered going into beauty as a career a few years back as i really enjoy it and seem to have a flair for it however financially it wasnt feasible for me at the time.

I would not claim to be qualified or trained or try to deceive anyone.
its a hobby that i enjoy and im sure there are people on this site that have other hobbies that they may not be "fully qualified" to do??? or even professionals in other areas that havent done shellac courses yet have the stuff available in their salon??

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back