Shellac/gel polish training compulsory? Just my opinion after nightmare removal!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which is absolutely brilliant and I'm glad she knows her products! Doesn't mean I don't know mine just cos I'm not a CND educator!!! I simply just got muddled up with a couple of things! Which I did point out in an earlier post and I apologised that I got mixed up.. However the post has gone as I can't see it?! That's why I just posted what I did.. I'm not trying to make out I'm any better than anyone else. But one simple mistake between 2 products and all hell breaks lose. It's like it's the spelling police
Sometimes nobody can make a mistake on here

Nicola! Xxx

Is busy be Jen who does the YT vids?

Nicola don't take offence I think it sounds more blunt and harsh when written down. It's so hard sometimes on here as you can't tell the tone with which someone is speaking?!
We all make mistakes sometimes especially us newbies to CND

Xx

Last edited:
Lol I know. I know who she is and I've seen plenty of the videos. I'm not saying that she doesn't know what she's talking about, I hope some day I can be as clued up and as knowledgeable as Jen. I'm sure we would all like that. All my point is that I made a wee mistake with comparison to the 2! I got all the info correct about the product.. I just called it d solve instead of nourishing remover.
I am sorry. Simple enough mistake to make :)
I think we should just let this one blow over. Jen has answered the ops question as to why nourishing remover is different to d solve and acetone. So job done,
Sorry if I've annoyed anyone. Wasn't my intention. And I probably have taken it the wrong way as hazel eyes said.. Things can be taken in the wrong context written down.. Sorry x

Nicola! Xxx

Oh, no I was actually asking if it was her? Checking lol!
I would of made that mistake too nicola lol!
I wish I was that knowledgeable too- well one day I intend to be!!

Aww I think it is isn't it?? Maybe I'm wrong on that too... Maybe I should just give up now lol. 😑

Nicola! Xxx

Thanks for all the replies everyone!

Client came in today and her nails were not as bad as I had initially thought. After removal, I had given her some cuticle oil to nourish her nails before her appt today and it seems to have done the trick.

Her nails were in way better condition and I was able to continue my shellac service as normal. I even managed to persuade the client to have Ruby ritz as opposed to a plain red, so I was thrilled.. ❤ ruby ritz!

Clients nails in pic.. Not best quality pic tho, can barely see all that sparkle that ruby ritz has to offer. x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1387550346.385982.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1387550346.385982.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 122
Thanks for all the replies everyone!

Client came in today and her nails were not as bad as I had initially thought. After removal, I had given her some cuticle oil to nourish her nails before her appt today and it seems to have done the trick.

Her nails were in way better condition and I was able to continue my shellac service as normal. I even managed to persuade the client to have Ruby ritz as opposed to a plain red, so I was thrilled.. ❤ ruby ritz!

Clients nails in pic.. Not best quality pic tho, can barely see all that sparkle that ruby ritz has to offer. x

Fabulous work - well done :)

Hello.

Just wanted to mention that I use Gelish and have tried removers other than Nail Harmony's (cause it is sooo expensive!) and I find the CND Nourishing Remover to be excellent (on Gelish) and removal is about 10mins but DSolve just doesn't seem to work very well......

That's said, it sounds like the product was a fake so probably wouldn't have come off no matter what, but it might be useful to know in the future my experiences with DSolve and Gelish :)

Hello.

Just wanted to mention that I use Gelish and have tried removers other than Nail Harmony's (cause it is sooo expensive!) and I find the CND Nourishing Remover to be excellent (on Gelish) and removal is about 10mins but DSolve just doesn't seem to work very well......

That's said, it sounds like the product was a fake so probably wouldn't have come off no matter what, but it might be useful to know in the future my experiences with DSolve and Gelish :)

Thank you.. Will defo keep that in mind if ever dealing with Gelish. Altho, for the time being I'm put off dealing with anything other than shellac! 😞

Latest posts

Back