Shellac & GELeration

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenny-Nails

Reaction score
Hello....

Just wanted to ask a hyperthetical question....

I'm a CND Master Tech of 18yrs (Gosh that make me feel old saying that!)

Just wondered...in theory (as I know it's not recommended to mix products)...what would happen if you prepped nails for Shella...applied Shellac base coat...then applied Jessica GELeration colour (x2 coats) and GELeration topcoat.

I love love love Shellac...but finding the colour range (even with layering) quite limiting, yesterday 2 people asked me for colours that I didn't have and had to encourage them to go with another colour.

I want to be able to offer customers some of the fun colours Jessica's range of GELeration have on offer...but don't really want to go down the route of builder bases...and primers....I like the fact that shellac is simply file, cuticle work and scrubfresh then on with the basecoat. My customers love it too...just complaints that they are bored with the colours and have gone through them all.

Didn't know if I applied Shellac base....and Geleration colour & top coat ...would that last on customers (even though it wouldn't be guaranteed by the suppliers).

Has anyone tried just using the GELeration topcoat over Shellac...does that work or is there cracking or other problems. I met up with a friend recently and her GELeration topcoat was way shinier than my Shellac topcoat...a real high gloss (and I thought mine were shiny! :(

Hope you can help
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

J x

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back