Shellac glitter tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shellac newbie

Reaction score
Guys I've done a few glitter tips and not been happy with any of them- I can't get definition nice :(

I do base, 2 colours, use dsperse, paint tip with top coat or sane colour as glitter, cure, brush glitter in with old gel brush, gently brush excess off, topcoat tip then
Topcoat whole nail.

Every time I've done it I've still
Managed to drag glitter down the nail and get odd spots of it and the tip line isn't sharp.

I've tried making a glitter paste with top coat but the glitter is too sparse/not solid when I do it.

Any tips?

Thanks in advance xxx

I would base 2 colour coats pat glitter on tip the use a clean gel brush with deperse to remove extra glitter then top coat as long as you have patted the glitter in well it won't drag when apply top coat

I would base 2 colour coats pat glitter on tip the use a clean gel brush with deperse to remove extra glitter then top coat as long as you have patted the glitter in well it won't drag when apply top coat

I always end up with it in my top coat brush this way :( and if I don't remove sticky layer from where I
Don't want the glitter, it ends up on
There

Am I just cack handed lol

Best way to get perfect glitter tips.. Do your colour or French, use dsperse on a brush carefully removing sticky from top half of nail leaving your French area sticky for glitter, add glitter and then use topcoat, silver VIP or whichever and only coat the glitter area, cure, then wipe so any excess glitter is removed and then topcoat.. No mess

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 480
This is how I always do it and I use silver VIP and have a extra bottle for glitter and also have a topcoat just for glitter.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 403
Fab maz thank you.
Do you have a lot of dsperse on the brush? Dosent matter if it flooded the cuticles a bit does it? Evaporates dead quick anyway x

Nope I dip in a little dsperse in a dapper dish and pat brush quick on paper towel, then sweep across the nail doing twice if need be, you don't have to do right up to cuticle area, just make sure you do enough to leave a non sticky area above you French tip :)

and happy to help :)

Nope I dip in a little dsperse in a dapper dish and pat brush quick on paper towel, then sweep across the nail doing twice if need be, you don't have to do right up to cuticle area, just make sure you do enough to leave a non sticky area above you French tip :)

and happy to help :)

Thanks very much Hun, will have a go
On me self tonight ready for tomorrow! Z

Latest posts

Back