Shellac Gotcha - thin consistency?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bronstar

Reaction score
I recently purchased gotcha for the first time and have used it today and it seems to have a really thin consistency, and would need 3 coats for full coverage, does this sound right?

I do find Gotcha is a bit patchy and I do three coats. Try stirring it though, that may help.

I do find Gotcha is a bit patchy and I do three coats. Try stirring it though, that may help.
Thanks, I did, but just found it had an incredibly thin consistency, and also very patchy

I think I usually do three coats of gotcha too

Thanks ladies

Yes gotcha is always 3 coats, i find a lot of the paler/pastel colours take 3!

Yeah I do to, but none of my other colours are quite the consistency of this one, it's very "runny" and seems really thin

Gotcha has never been very popular until this summer where I started burnishing in CND Hummingbird glitter. It creates a fabulous pink/gold/chrome ish effect. Lush.

Gotcha has never been very popular until this summer where I started burnishing in CND Hummingbird glitter. It creates a fabulous pink/gold/chrome ish effect. Lush.
photo please?

image.jpeg
It's not a very good one and doesn't show the irredescence.

Hmm I'm the odd one out then as Gotcha is quite popular with my younger clients and I've only ever used 2 coats without problems. No streaking and good coverage.

Hmm I'm the odd one out then as Gotcha is quite popular with my younger clients and I've only ever used 2 coats without problems. No streaking and good coverage.

Glad I'm not the only one. I use it a lot (gorgeous with Ice Vapor) and 2 coats. Have you given it a really good stir?

Me too, only ever 2 coats. Lovely colour

Thanks ladies I will give it a really, really good stir and see how it goes :)

I used it with some Glitterarty glitter as an accent nail today and I really like it, think it might be quite popular as already had someone else asking about it after seeing this set xx

Latest posts

Back