Shellac help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirstys beauty

We put the treat in your treatment.
Reaction score
Hi geeks

Just a quick question. I get my shellac redone every two weeks in a local salon, but recently they have started soaking my nails in acetone to remove the shellac, they don't leave them in for 10 mins luckily (but they never left them in the wrap for 10 mins either) but that really have to scrape at my nail to get it off. My nails have started to chip and have become very weak, is this because of soaking them in acetone instead of using the wraps which they used to use?

I went to this salon as had tried a couple of local salons but no-one was using the full system. Either not using the lamp or had not done the training (learning application on you tube) which I was told I should do and not waste my money on the proper training, as you could easily learn it there. (I did not take their advice).

Is it really that hard to get a "proper" CND shellac service? :Scared: If I could do my own I would, as I give my clients the full system service, and often I get "my last tech did not do that".

Kirsty

Hi Kirsty,

Don't waste your cash in these salons sounds like they are cutting corners which isn't worth it if they are charging at full Shellac prices. I'm sure if you search salons in your local area there will be Shellac trusted salons which would be worth it as they will defiantly deliver!

Hope this helps :)

Hi kirsty

You live in my old neck of the woods, im down by the coast now which is a shame as id have happily done the full shellac service.

My sis now travels down to me in Margate as the last two places shes gone in sidcup and welling have not done the full shellac service. Makes me mad when she tells me especially as her poor nails are suffering from her chemo and radiotherapy treatments and the cancer itself. They even claim to have done the training, when they clearly haven't or did and are just doing their own sweet thing! I remember one place she went to i had a phonecall from my sis (and this was before id even done my mani course never mind my shellac course) mid appt asking me to explain to her tech about layering!

Anywho im off topic. Keep ringing round and asking. There will definitely be other geeks on here who will do it properly for you. Shortly i believe sweet squared are launching their salon finder so another bonus for you and eventually when the certified shellac salon comes in that will be even better.

As said ring round, one of my now regulars rang me for her first appt and quizzed me on everything, genuine shellac, cnd lamp, soak off wraps etc. Did i mind? Absolutely not. Good techs who offer the correct full shellac service never mind being asked.

Love n hugs x x x

Last edited:
It does seem that people are becoming more educated about what a full CND shellac service is as I am getting more and more people phoning up and quizzing me about what products I use. They no longer just book and assume they are getting the correct treatment. I love it as it gives me a chance to rave about the products I love.

Definitely phone and ask questions before you book - good techs won't mind at all. Hope you find someone close to you.

Latest posts

Back