Shellac (I could CRY)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Using Shellac as a system is the only way you can guarantee the best results, it really is as simple as that!

I have never once had an issue with Shellac since I've invested in it and loved it so much that I even became a Shellac Ambassador.

It's not worth messing around with other products and if you are having problems with Shellac, then using NSI products with it will defiantly be the reason.

I'd get some Scrubfresh and D sperse as soon as possible and believe me, you will notice a HUGE difference.

I think the problems is, is that you are not using the entire Shellac system.

I do want to clear up that NSI Nail Pure is a temporary dehydrator plus it does remove contaminates and oils and it also leaves behind bacterial fighting agents, so yes it it designed to be the same step as CND's Scrubfresh and NSI Cleanse is designed to remove the tacky layer after curing and to help remove dust and clean the nail after filing etc and this is the same step as CND's D-Sperse obviously.
But the difference between them is, CND made their products to go with Shellac and NSI made theirs to go with Polish Pro, not to be used with the Shellac system or viceversa.

I also want to say that the impression that seems to be given throughout this conversation is that because NSI is cheaper, it's inferior to Scrubfresh etc......that is not necessarily the case, it's simply that NSI was not made for Shellac and because it MIGHT be what's causing the problems, does not mean it's because NSI products are bad or cheaper.

I have used NSI for many many years now and find all their products to be of high quality even though they might be a bit cheaper than CND but I think we all have to remember to use our systems as a whole, not try and play scientist by mix and matching our systems.
We owe it to our clients to offer them a pro service with pro products and when they walk in to have a Shellac or Polish Pro service, they should be getting that entire service which in my view, includes all the correct brand products, unless the company states otherwise that you can use a generic or other companies product.

So simply saying, NSI Nail Pure and Cleanse are surely the problem here but not because they are bad products, it's because they are being used with the wrong system:)

Wooshka I completly agree with you and I have just read back what I wrote in my post ... I didn't mean that nsi are no good, I meant that nsi products should be used with nsi and not with Shellac as Shellac has to be used as a system.

I know An*Gel, I just thought for newbies sakes who might read this thread, that is sounded a little NSI bashing (if you know what I mean:)
so I just wanted to clarify that it's not NSI products, it's they are being used with the wrong system if what the problem actually is.

I have no clue why a NSI rep would say anybody can use NSI products with Shellac and it was wrong of them to do so but at the same time, at the end of the day, the responsibility lays with the tech.......if we are using a system, we should all know that we should use the entire system and try not too short cut.

If it boils down to money, then any tech would need to look at their own business and maybe look at getting into a cheaper system if they are not making good profits back with the system they use.

No hard feelings sweetie (there never was) :)

I know An*Gel, I just thought for newbies sakes who might read this thread, that is sounded a little NSI bashing (if you know what I mean:)
so I just wanted to clarify that it's not NSI products, it's they are being used with the wrong system if what the problem actually is.

I have no clue why a NSI rep would say anybody can use NSI products with Shellac and it was wrong of them to do so but at the same time, at the end of the day, the responsibility lays with the tech.......if we are using a system, we should all know that we should use the entire system and try not too short cut.

If it boils down to money, then any tech would need to look at their own business and maybe look at getting into a cheaper system if they are not making good profits back with the system they use.

No hard feelings sweetie (there never was) :)

Awwh thanks for that :wink2:

I can't believe it!!!

I was just on You Tube watching a beauty channel I subscribe to and on the sidebar was a link to a Shellac video.
I went and watched it and I just watched a tech who says she is fully qualified and tells everybody to go and get this done by the pro's cause it's a pro only product (so at least that's one good thing she did/said).

But I just watched her use NSI Nail Pure instead of Scrubfresh and I had a little chuckle knowing I had just read this thread:)
She did say you can buy Scrubfresh and it's the same thing but she didn't say why she did not use it.
She also put 2 layers of the top coat on and said it was best this way compared to doing only one.
She also was not using the CND lamp either.
She did use D-Sperse to remove the tacky layer so goodness knows why she had NSI Nail Pure instead of Scrubfresh:rolleyes:

I just thought it funny considering we are discussing this exact issue that's all:)

If adding ScrubFresh back into the equation does not seem to solve all the problems here is a video on troubleshooting Shellac:

Shellac Troubleshooting V2 - YouTube

Hope that helps :)

Latest posts

Back