Shellac-Infills?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meme1281712

Reaction score
Hi girls, a regular has asked if I can do infills on her shellac nails as they've not chipped but have grown out loads; I haven't done this before I normally just take them off and redo them has anyone else? Xx

We do not do infills on Shellec. The results are not what you would like.

You wrap off and re-do Shellac every time. Even if you could infill successfully, you would end up having other problems such as chipping or taking 3 times as long to soak off possibly even cracking.

Shellac is not formulated to last for extended wear .. CND has other enhancement products for that option if that is what your client wants.

Clients need to take Shellac for what it is .. A long lasting power polish. There is no pleasing some folks :biggrin: clients complain if it doesn't last all of 3 weeks and then they complain when it lasts so well and want it infilled!! offer them the service as it is. :hug:

If you did infills on the client you would end up with a build up of the product, it wouldn't be smooth, even finish, after a few days it could start chipping so she'd end up coming back in sooner anyway.

Agree with above posts, but I know that there is a girl in a another town near me that advertises Shellac as a "gel polish" ghrr!! Also she advertises "Shellac infills"!! So how confusing is that for clients that haven't had it done before they think this is correct!
To me this "spells" out that she isn't doing the Shellac service correctly... Sorry for the rant but it irritates me, & I have to explain to people that this isn't the way Shellac is done! ��

Latest posts

Back