Shellac - is ScrubFresh absolutely necessary?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aoife008

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, hope your all well. I've started back doing nails and I use shellac. I wasn't able to get scrub fresh ordered in on time so I went to salon supplies and bought Prep n Clean Dehydrant. Would this do the same job that the scrub fresh does or would you think i should use scrub fresh and nothing else? TIA x

Scrub Fresh is recommended, and is the best. I have used a different dehydrator for myself in a pinch, but my nails normally don't ever lift.

It'll be ok for the emergency use while you haven't got scrubfresh but definitely don't use it instead of through choice x

See I have to jump here and say WHY is it not ok to use something else instead of Scrubfresh ? There are no magic ingredients in it if you take a look

It contains the same ingredients that are in a huge amount of nail products cleansers /dehydrators ?

I really am interested to know , if anyone has the answer ?
x

See I have to jump here and say WHY is it not ok to use something else instead of Scrubfresh ? There are no magic ingredients in it if you take a look

It contains the same ingredients that are in a huge amount of nail products cleansers /dehydrators ?

I really am interested to know , if anyone has the answer ?
x
You can use what you like but if you have issues keeping shellac on and want support and help, the first question would be "what products are you using". Working on the theory that I have to use something, I'd rather keep my nail table branded with cnd products to go with my shellac and other products that work with my other system. I find it a lot easier then to pinpoint a breakdown in service.

Vic x

Afraid I dont have the answer for you @perfect10kb as im only just back doing treatments after having a baby 7 months ago (baby brain is a killer so finding this page brilliant) would be interested to know what do people think about this subject

I use Shellac and Bio Sculpture, Scrubfresh is my 'must have' product ... I have total confidence in it and if I could only choose one nail product this would be it.

Ok but i am really not seeing a convincing argument for it other than using what you have been told to use - lol

. Scrubfresh only has Acetone , Isopropyl Alcohol and Butyl Acetate and a colourant in it ....Same as many , many dehydrators on the market - It is not unique and it is not some 'magic' formula . Thats all I am saying and I dont have any service breakdown and don't use CND products either

Genuine question as I think we are sometimes slightly brainwashed re our products

I don't know where I'd be without my scrubfresh. I have bottles and bottles of it for back up for back up back up and one for my bag. One for my desk one for my draw. Lol
One can never have one too many scrubfresh's.

Ok but i am really not seeing a convincing argument for it other than using what you have been told to use - lol

. Scrubfresh only has Acetone , Isopropyl Alcohol and Butyl Acetate and a colourant in it ....Same as many , many dehydrators on the market - It is not unique and it is not some 'magic' formula . Thats all I am saying and I dont have any service breakdown and don't use CND products either

Genuine question as I think we are sometimes slightly brainwashed re our products

Fair point actually.

I've thought that before, ie how is it different from others when the ingredients are the same

Maybe down to proportions?

Do love scrub fresh though

its to do with the whole system and it does look better if you use a system as a whole with all the bottles etc , personally I find it more professional looking but yes I understand exactly where your coming from unlabelled bottles do scare me slightly in a salon I always think what's in it what does it contain , where's it come from etc , maybe just on my own with this here. You can actually have a look at the CND breakdown of ingredients and buy it in bulk separately and mix it yourself if you know how [emoji106][emoji106] it for sure does save money X

But it's not as if it's expensive or anything extravagant it's part of the routine, why mess around replacing this and that when you don't actually really need to

But it's not as if it's expensive or anything extravagant it's part of the routine, why mess around replacing this and that when you don't actually really need to

Absolutely, and i'd alwsys use the whole system

Jeez, I never really thought of unmarked bottles - I use Scrub Fresh but in an unmarked bottle that I push down on to with my lint free pad - no one's ever questioned it... I don't actually think that many, if any, clients care so long as they are treat well and go away with long lasting nice nails..

I actually do use the full system though.

its to do with the whole system and it does look better if you use a system as a whole with all the bottles etc , personally I find it more professional looking but yes I understand exactly where your coming from unlabelled bottles do scare me slightly in a salon I always think what's in it what does it contain , where's it come from etc , maybe just on my own with this here. You can actually have a look at the CND breakdown of ingredients and buy it in bulk separately and mix it yourself if you know how [emoji106][emoji106] it for sure does save money X

Now if the reason you use it is because you want to create a good image by showing that you use the whole brand then that I can completely understand and agree with . But what I do not understand is that people seem to thing it is some wonder product when in fact it is not and it worries me a little that people can be talked into believing it is something it is not ......But then that's clever marketing for you ........

X

Jeez, I never really thought of unmarked bottles - I use Scrub Fresh but in an unmarked bottle that I push down on to with my lint free pad - no one's ever questioned it... I don't actually think that many, if any, clients care so long as they are treat well and go away with long lasting nice nails..

I actually do use the full system though.
I've only very recently decanted my Nsi liquids into pump bottles as it's much quicker and easier. Nobody has questioned it but they'd recognise the smell anyway as several comment on how much they like it.

When I worked with upgrading salons one of the first things we would do away with is unmarked bottles. You may not think clients notice, but they do, and it gives a less than professional image. I think branded bottles lend an air of transparency that is reassuring to clients. It is very simple to do. Just buy one small 8 oz bottle of scrub fresh and refill from the larger jug. I also use a pump and I simply screw the pump head onto the small ScrubFresh bottle, they're standard sizes, so they fit.

I must confess that I've used many of the other prep cleanser/sanitizers out there, but keep coming back to ScrubFresh.

I have tried at least four other brands. I just find Scubfresh works best.

Sorry to jump in, not really in the topic but I have a question
I have run out of Scrubfresh and I'm waiting on some new. However, I do have an appointment tomorrow for shellac.
Can I use either Isopropyl Alcohol, or Sterilium (it's a medical dehydrator/ dissinfectant I got from the chemist) or 93% alcohol-ethanol for prep? Maybe IPA and then Acetone? Will either of these options do the trick?

Latest posts

Back