Shellac kit help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Evening all

Please can someone help me?

Ive booked to go on the shellac brings them back course and bought the intro kit from S2.

My kit contains:

1 Base Coat 7.3ml*
1 Top Coat 7.3ml
4 Shellac colours (Cream Puff, Negligee, Wildfire, Fedora)
1 Remover Wraps 250 pack*1 ScrubFresh 59ml*
1 SolarOil 15ml*
1 Pure Isopropyl Alcohol 59ml
1 Pure Acetone 59ml
1 Kanga File ile (20 Pack)
1 Orangewood Sticks (20pack)
1 CND UV LAMP

The email for the course says I need:

Your*full*working*Shellac kit, including, 1 x Shellac UV Base Coat,
1 x Shellac UV Top Coat,
4 x Shellac colours to include 2 for French Application and 2 bold/bright Colours,
Shellac Remover Wraps,
ScrubFresh,
SolarOil
manicuring tools,
Kanga Board,
D Sperse,*
D Solve,
Lint free pads
CuticleAway,
CoolBlue,

My question is what are the two products listed in my kit acetone and alcohol? Is this the same as d sperse or d solve? If not do I need to buy these too?

What are lint free pads? I.e are they to rest on or to wipe nails with? What size do I need?

Whats the difference between cuticle away and cuticle eraser? Which should I get?

And finally what is nourishing remover and what does it replace in my kit?

Many thanks geeks just a bit confused as to what I need on top of my kit :)

Okay so yes, the isopropyl and acetone in your kit can replace D-Sperse and D-Dsolve, so no worries there, but you will obviously need a good supply of both for afterward

CND nourishing remover is also an Acetone based based solvent for removal, which also reduces the soak off time of Shellac. You have acetone in your kit already, so again this isn't necessary for the course, and you can purchase either D-Solve or Nourishing Remover to continue your service once your kit is used up.

Lint free wipes/pads are for prep of the nail and finishing. Any size is fine, and S2 do stock some. They aren't the large table type ones you need to rest on no.

Finally Cuticle Away is necessary to assist in removing cuticle during prep, and it is this you need to get.

Cuticle Erase is an end of service/home care exfoliant product.

Hope that helps and enjoy the course!

Evening all

Ive booked to go on the shellac brings them back course and bought the intro kit from S2.

My kit contains:

1 Base Coat 7.3ml*
1 Top Coat 7.3ml
1 SolarOil 15ml*
1 Pure Acetone 59ml
1 CND UV LAMP

1 x Shellac UV Top Coat,
4 x Shellac colours to include 2 for French Application and 2 bold/bright Colours,
Shellac Remover Wraps,
ScrubFresh,
SolarOil
manicuring tools,
Kanga Board,
D Sperse,*
D Solve,
Lint free pads
CuticleAway,
CoolBlue,

My question is what are the two products listed in my kit acetone and alcohol? Is this the same as d sperse or d solve? If not do I need to buy these too?

D Sperse is the same as Isopropyl Alcohol. This removes the inhibition layer.
D Solve is the same as Pure Acetone. This is to remove the Shellac.

What are lint free pads? I.e are they to rest on or to wipe nails with? What size do I need?

Lint free pads are nail wipes. You use these when cleansing the nail with scrubfresh and D Sperse to wipe the inhibition layer.

Whats the difference between cuticle away and cuticle eraser? Which should I get?

I would get cuticle away. That is what was recommended when I ordered my Shellac kit.

Nourishing remover is the new remover. You can use D Solve but it takes 10 mins to remove Shellac where the nourishing remover takes 8 mins. It also contains oils so it conditions nails as it removes the Shellac.

Hope this helps and have fun.

Thank you both so much ....amazingly quick and helpful replies :) thanks

Evening all

My kit contains:

1 Base Coat 7.3ml*
1 Top Coat 7.3ml
1 SolarOil 15ml*
1 Pure Acetone 59ml
1 CND UV LAMP

1 x Shellac UV Top Coat,
Shellac Remover Wraps,
ScrubFresh,
SolarOil
manicuring tools,
Kanga Board,
D Sperse,*
D Solve,
Lint free pads
CuticleAway,
CoolBlue,

***D-Sperse is your 99% isopropyl alcohol and D-Solve is acetone for removal

***Lint free pads are used to cleanse the nail with Scrubfresh and also to remove the sticky top layer with D-Sperse. If you have a look on S2 website you will see lint free gauze wipes which will be perfect.

***Cuticle Eraser is a deep moisturising treatment for nails that contains AHA so keeps cuticle area micro exfoliated and nice and soft and supple.
Cuticle Away is also an AHA treatment which is formulated to soften nd swell dead tissue on the nail plate thus making cuticle work much much easier and a lot faster. I would highly recommend getting Cuticle Away as it really is AMAZING!

***Nourishing Remover is a faster acting remover for Shellac and contains Macadamia Oil, Vitamin E and smells like Cucumber. It is a fab remover and is lovely and hydrating.

Hope that helps x

Fastest fingers first! Slow motion typing for me tonight!

You Nail geeks are so helpful!

That's cos us Geeks are cool like that! Plus it's exciting to have a new CND Shellac geek on board!
You will love it, both product and education is simply the best there is!

Where are you doing your training?

I'm doing my training at S2 Leeds on 21st August and I have to say I'm really excited! Can't wait to play with some additives once I'm trained too.

What do you find are the most popular shellac colours with clients?

Snap! I'm booked at Leeds on 21st :) afternoon one! I have the same starter kit as you.
Can I just ask u geeks, it says you need colours for French, there's a white but no pink in the starter kit, do I need to buy a pink? X

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Snap! I'm booked at Leeds on 21st :) afternoon one! I have the same starter kit as you.
Can I just ask u geeks, it says you need colours for French, there's a white but no pink in the starter kit, do I need to buy a pink? X

You can use negligee and cream puff :)

Thankyou :) x

I'm doing the shellac course on the 8th, the only thing I bought that wasn't in the kit is the cuticle away, I asked the lovely folks at sweet squared and they said apart from that everything is in the kit :)

I'm doing the course too :) cannot wait. I've opened an account with Sally which isn't the cheapest but I can nip down there and get things like the lint free wipes if needed in an emergency. You just need a certificate to prove you're in the hair/beauty industry and I think a form of ID. x

Just received my kit today!! So pleased. Think I will have to have a play. Yes cuticle away isn't in the kit. Will have to get that one. Can somebody tell me where in the shellac service cuticle erase would be used?? My kit came with two included x

Just received my kit today!! So pleased. Think I will have to have a play. Yes cuticle away isn't in the kit. Will have to get that one. Can somebody tell me where in the shellac service cuticle erase would be used?? My kit came with two included x

Cuticle erase would be used at the very end of the service along with Solar Oil, and ideally both retailed to your client ;) x

Latest posts

Back