Shellac lasting a week!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkayla_herex

Xamyx
Reaction score
A client a while ago had shellac applied to her toes after a full pedicure and said the polish lasted a week and her little toe nail come off, she hadn't had it done before so she thought maybe it just didn't agree with her.

And now another client has rang to say her toe nails also only lasted a week after having a full shellac pedicure.

Both treatments were done by the same therapist I havnt had any other complaints so am guessing it's to do with her.

What could it be?
I'm thinking as it's a full pedi maybe she is not preparing and dehydrating nails properly as we soak feet and do massage before the paint.maybe she has got mixed up and applied base coat on top instead or the vinylux top coat as client said it was shiny at first but then went horrible like normal polish.

The second client I think has it on still as she wants me to remove it (said I will re- do for free ) so I think it might of worn off.

I have checked the lamp and it has not ran out yet.

Any guesses what it could be??

By a full pedicure do you mean the feet were soaked? When soaked in water the nails swell and expand, if you've then applied shellac when the nails revert back to their normal size the shellac could very well come off. With shellac pedicures we do them dry, then the soak/exfoliation/hard skin afterwards :) x

Yea I did soak first :-s I do usually do this and it's fine as I remove any oil and do cuticle work and lightly bud over the toenails to make sure there clean and. I find this removes any tough dead skin on the nail plate.

If you shellac over a nail thats been soaked,the nail plate will be swollen,your than applying shellac, and as the nail dries out and shrinks back the shellac will to,i only do shellac on dry nail plates,if someone wants a pedi (soak) and shellac my advice would be not together

Sent from my HTC Desire 300 using SalonGeek mobile app

On a full pedicure I was taught to do the prep and apply shellac then do rest of treatment as in exfoliate,masque, massage.

Has the therapist done the cnd shellac course?
The service has had a breakdown from what I can tell, there is some residue or something which has not let the shellac last it's full potential...
Maybe she could trial it on you?

🐾

Always taught to do shellac application first then any soaking, exfoliation afterwards x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I agree with the others saying that you do Shellac in reverse when it involves soaking. This is what I was taught when I did the Shellac course. For example, I offer Shellac toes which is a simple pep and application. I also offer a luxury pedicure in which I do the pep and Shellac application first and then the full pedicure Inc soak, scrub, hard skin removal, massage and heated booties with mask after xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I do my full shellac pedi as normal, finishing with the shellac polish at the end, & I have always done it like this & never had any problems! So the soaking of the feet first, I feel isn't a problem & certainly not the only one.....The reasons I can think that it could possibly be are:-
*Possible flooding of the top coat on the skin, therefore not sealing edges properly.
* not capping each layer
* base coat applied too thickly
* insufficient dehydration of the nail plate
* not deactivating the cuticle eraser

HTH X good luck in finding a solution! X

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi - I'm a fully CND qualified shellac therapist and CND tell you to shellac first then complete your pedi as normal x

sounds to me like oil remaining on the nail which wont enable the shellac to adhere properly. Make sure scrubfresh used before applying shellac :)

Latest posts

Back