Shellac layering question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loulabelle

Reaction score
Hi geeks

When layering with shellac do you still just put on 2 thin coats of colour ie one of each colour, or are we supposed to do 2 coats of the bottom colour & 1 coat of the top colour?

Some of my layered colours look great but sometimes the ones that use a dark colour on the bottom can look a bit patchy so I was wondering whether 2 coats would help before adding the top colour. But, I'm not sure if 3 colour coats is too many. Any thoughts/advice appreciated. Thanks x

Some colours I do 2 then 1 and some 1 and one, think it depends on the colours you just have to judge it really but 3 thin coats are fine hun. eg blackpool and iced coral 2-1, tropix iced coral 1-1 hth xx

Patchy would mean you are not applying it gentle enough especially with colours like strawberry smoothie and iced cappuccino. You should almost feather it on rather than brushing.

Check out videos by Fingernailfixer on You Tube, she explains it really well.

Nail designer with a twist;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Some colours I do 2 then 1 and some 1 and one, think it depends on the colours you just have to judge it really but 3 thin coats are fine hun. eg blackpool and iced coral 2-1, tropix iced coral 1-1 hth xx

I absolutely agree. For me, it seems the darker colors need two coats before you layer over them. HTH! :)

Latest posts

Back