Shellac manicure/pedicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RachelLynch

Reaction score
What do you offer in yours?
I'm not sure if im charging too much for what I'm offering?

Thanks x

cut, file, cuticle work, scrubfresh, shellac, solar oil, hand cream

£30.00

I offer two different types of Shellac manicures, a mini Shellac manicure and a deluxe Shellac Manicure.

Mini ($33): Shape and file, cuticle work, Shellac application, Solar Oil, hand massage with lotion.

Deluxe ($45): All of the above with the addition of warm sugar scrub immediately following the Shellac application and hot towels following the hand massage.

The Shellac Pedicure is $70 and includes (We recently switched to CND Marine line):
Shape and file, cuticle work, Shellac application, foot file/buff, foot soak, CND Lavender Scrub, CND Sea Salt on soles of feet, CND Mask, CND Hydrating Oil Massage on legs and feet, hot towels, Solar Oil.

Mine is $70 for a cnd rawearth shellac pedi.
My comany has foolishly offered shellac manicures at $20, shellac "spa" manicures are $30.

I feel better now that I'm not charging too much, I charge £25 for file, cuticle, scrub fresh, shellac, solar oil and hand and arm massage, I also don't charge anymore for removal.

It made me feel like I charge to much as I had a lady ring me asking to negotiate a price yesterday x

Um

I'm not doing the hand cream bit, just shape, cuticles, scrubfresh, shellac, solar oil, pay £20, go home.

Am I shortchanging them? Is it not a proper service without the handcream? If so which one do you suggest?

You don't have to, but it is a nice finish for the client.

The CND scentsations lotions are fabulous!

Mine is $70 for a cnd rawearth shellac pedi.
My comany has foolishly offered shellac manicures at $20, shellac "spa" manicures are $30.

Wow, that's low. :irked:

Sorry for you love.

Um

I'm not doing the hand cream bit, just shape, cuticles, scrubfresh, shellac, solar oil, pay £20, go home.

Am I shortchanging them? Is it not a proper service without the handcream? If so which one do you suggest?

I'm the same as you blossom,
Cut, file, cuticle work, shellac and solar oil and I charge £20 x

Um

I have thought about this a lot..... Firstly I will be mobile and work from home (child care allowing).

I was thinking of charging:
£22 for a dry Mani/Pedi and Shellac.
£30 for a full Mani/Pedi and Shellac.
Also an Easter introductory offer for dry mani and pedi Shellac £40.
I will be charging the same rates for Minx also.

I must say that competition (mobiles and salons) for Shellac is very rife here in the Uk, especially in my area. The prices above are not the cheapest I've seen and not the most expensive.

Opinions welcome as I will be opening for business in April (when my daughter is in Nursery!) :)
(I must point out that I AM qualified already L&P (10 years ago) but never developed it into a business, just a hobby!)

Wow, that's low. :irked:

Sorry for you love.

They keep insisting it brings in clients, which it has but they are not my ideal client. I got screamed at today for "lieing" to a client when I told her I could not add 1/2" of length to her nails using shellac and it would be $65 for a set of gel nails. I need a drink....:|

I feel better now that I'm not charging too much, I charge £25 for file, cuticle, scrub fresh, shellac, solar oil and hand and arm massage, I also don't charge anymore for removal.

I charge the same. You always get a few people who try it on to pay less. I'd ignore them and stick to your price! Xx

I have thought about this a lot..... Firstly I will be mobile and work from home (child care allowing).

I was thinking of charging:
£22 for a dry Mani/Pedi and Shellac.
£30 for a full Mani/Pedi and Shellac.
Also an Easter introductory offer for dry mani and pedi Shellac £40.
I will be charging the same rates for Minx also.

I must say that competition (mobiles and salons) for Shellac is very rife here in the Uk, especially in my area. The prices above are not the cheapest I've seen and not the most expensive.

Opinions welcome as I will be opening for business in April (when my daughter is in Nursery!) :)
(I must point out that I AM qualified already L&P (10 years ago) but never developed it into a business, just a hobby!)

hi hun

I'm mobile, i also rent on an as and when basis and soon to work from home also and i charge £25 for shellac mani which includes file, shape, cuticle work, shellac application, then finish with hand massage and solar oil, i charge £28 for shellac pedi but add in quick foot soak using scentsations washes. I charge slightly more for pedi as they take bit longer and i charge same for colour or French. For my luxury i charge £35 and £38 using cnd spa range. My point of my reply lmao is don't sell yourself short because you're mobile. We use the same products and have gone through and paid for the same training. Also by setting your prices slightly higher you are able to do offers without it hurting your profit too. As mobile it will tend to take you longer also as your setting up in each home and you have travel time and expenses which eat into your profit.

Just a thought honey.

Love n hugs x x x

Thanks HappyFeet, all taken on board. I think half of it is a confidence thing too. Like I said open for suggestions as new to this business :)

Latest posts

Back