Shellac must have shades for a newbie?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wonderban

Dani
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

So I qualified in CND Brisa on Sunday and Shellac on Monday, doing L+P ineJune and cannot wait!

I just wanted to ask, as I've invested a lot in training, I'm on a bit of a budget for expanding my colour range. I have some Gel bottle Inc colours and the shellac colours that came in the 'Chic' kit which are cream puff, romantique, wildfire and tropix.

I can afford to buy another 5 colours and separate top coat for glitter so I wanted to ask what shades would you recommend I get as a great additions to my kit?

I also already have quite a few lecente glitters, couldn't help myself when I was in the shop....

:)

I should have added, I love the gel bottle Inc colours, wear etc,but looking to expand Shellac as there is no buffing of the natural nail

Satin pyjamas, salmon run, and creekside are really popular colours at my salon ☺️X

Satin pyjamas, salmon run, and creekside are really popular colours at my salon ☺️X
Thank you, I just googled a swatch of creekside it's gorgeous! I have nothing life it even in normal polish x

It's lovely isn't it! The only problem it you need to use about 3 coats as it's not very opaque :( x

Looking at the colours you have...I'd definitely include a bright pink (tutti fruiti or sultry sunset), a purple (tango passion is my favourite) and a blue such as waterpark.

Congratulations on your training and have fun!

I have recently completed my shellac beginners course and I got the same chic kit as you. I bought a few more colours (rock royalty, salmon run, field fox, rubble, Aqua-intance, masquerade & rose bud) and the most popular so far is field fox & rubble. Everyone seems to love them!

Salmon run is nice but quite similar to tropix, if you already have that I'd give salmon run a miss.

Tutti frutti and tango passion are popular, I also use rosebud a lot. And while masquerade is a lovely burgundy pearl, tinted love is kind of similar but a Matt shade and tending to be more popular ATM. X

Clearly pink for your arts

My most popular colours are Dark Lava, Sultry Sunset, Field Fox & Red Baroness.

By the time you've read all our posts you'll be wanting to get the whole range!!
You might find the colour chart on the cnd website helpful. You can scroll through the colours easily then.
www.cnd.com

Thank you everyone! I think Field Fox is a definite! Even if its for me! Will also get a bright pink, I will go and look atsswatches of your recommendations.

I hope I don't go to the shop and spend all my money on lecente glitter...!

OOh, Ive had Tropix out loads this week already! I agree its very samey as Salmon Run, but a bit darker & ppl tend to be picking it over the pale shades atm . Gotcha & Rosebud are also lovely for spring.

Bit of a wild one- but I would recommend grabbing a Ruby Ritz & an Iced Vapour if they are available (they were limited edt if memory serves me right, but are so blooming lovely!) Iced Vapour is a silver glitter in a clear liquid, so ideal to go over any colour (think of it as doubling your current collection!) and Ruby Ritz is a gorgeous red glitter in a sheer red liquid. Its better layered over purples, reds & darks so more suited to autumn/winter but worth getting your hands on a bottle while you still can. Stored correctly it will be fine for next Christmas! ( I have a stash of 6 bottles *giggerty!*) xx

OOh, Ive had Tropix out loads this week already! I agree its very samey as Salmon Run, but a bit darker & ppl tend to be picking it over the pale shades atm . Gotcha & Rosebud are also lovely for spring.

Bit of a wild one- but I would recommend grabbing a Ruby Ritz & an Iced Vapour if they are available (they were limited edt if memory serves me right, but are so blooming lovely!) Iced Vapour is a silver glitter in a clear liquid, so ideal to go over any colour (think of it as doubling your current collection!) and Ruby Ritz is a gorgeous red glitter in a sheer red liquid. Its better layered over purples, reds & darks so more suited to autumn/winter but worth getting your hands on a bottle while you still can. Stored correctly it will be fine for next Christmas! ( I have a stash of 6 bottles *giggerty!*) xx
I've seen ruby ritz aitit reminds me of my all time favourite polish - china glaze ruby pumps!

Thank you for reminding me. I'll definitely grab it!

X

I saw them on S2 yesterday which reminded me of it. Honestly, its like a gold rush at Christmas trying to get your hands on a bottle :) xx

I saw them on S2 yesterday which reminded me of it. Honestly, its like a gold rush at Christmas trying to get your hands on a bottle :) xx

How could I forget ruby ritz...I also have a secret stash of it. GORGEOUSLY GORGEOUS!

I would go:

Hot pink (tutti frutti, future fuschia - I have both and prefer future fuschia)

Pale pink (be demure, cake pop, or similar)

Purple (I love grape gum and am not a purple person lol!)

Hotski tchotski (is actually really popular with me anyway)

And a blue (Aqua-intence, cerulean sea, water park)

Thank you everyone! I think Field Fox is a definite! Even if its for me! Will also get a bright pink, I will go and look atsswatches of your recommendations.

I hope I don't go to the shop and spend all my money on lecente glitter...!

Agree with minkey, I've used tropix 3 times this week and it's not even summer!

Absolutely love field fox, very popular also

My most popular at this moment in time are :

Tropix.
A pastel pink, mainly Winter Glow.
Rubble (this has never ever been popular until I painted all my colours on colour pops and suddenly everyone wants it - obviously the bottle does it no justice).
Tutti Frutti.
Plus a nude, I'd go with Satin Pyjamas.

Colours I never/rarely use are :
Hotski Tchotski, any of the greens apart from Mint Convertible, Iced Coral, Browns...

I guess it depends on clientele...

Latest posts

Back