Shellac nail design

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elegant

Reaction score
I've just completed the CND Shellac Nail course, it was amazing and I'm soooooo excited to get it up and running but I really don't know what to charge. I've tried to research prices in my area and can't find anyone who offers it which is great for me, so I am wondering if anyone can give me any advice.

As I am mobile I wondered if anyone can give me any tips on the best way to display my examples, I'm really not keen on colour wheels and much prefer the colour pops in a stand but space is an issue. I've got lots of boxes of unused nail tips which may be an option but not sure what could I mount them on so it looks professional?

Thanks in advance. xx

I charge £25 for tips, £27 for toes and £10 for removal, but £5 with re-Shellac.

You should be not offering anything less than £25 for a manicure and £30 for a pedicure.
You are in a fantastic position by not having anyone in your area offering Shellac good luck :hug:

Thank you so much for your replies, my mistake on the original thread think I'm having one of those days! When I said Shellac Nail Course what i mean't so say was Shellac Nail Art Course oops silly me!

I am currently charging £25 for a Shellac Service (£30 for Re Shellac) but am not sure what to charge for the nail art, can anyone help, thanks. xx

I charge from 50p per nail depending on how easy or complicated the design is. e.g glitter & polka dots would be 50p per nail, shellac marbelling or scribing swirls would be £1.00 per nail as it takes longer. hth

Thanks that's a great help. What do you charge for Rhinestones & crystals? x

Hi, I am a newly qualified nail technician and I am looking to start up my own mobile business. I currently do acrylic tips, manicures and pedicures but want to learn shellac and minx. Does anybody know anywhere in Edinburgh that I could do these courses. I'm sure I could teach myself but i'm thinking more for insurance etc MUST i go through a professionally trained school?
Thanks in advance

Thanks that's a great help. What do you charge for Rhinestones & crystals? x

I dont use rhinestones ( only for mini diva parties ). I charge £27 for one finger crystals & the rest shellac ( my shellac colour service is £20 ) For toes I charge £35 for big toe crystals & the rest minx or shellac, all the toes is £50. hth

Hi, I am a newly qualified nail technician and I am looking to start up my own mobile business. I currently do acrylic tips, manicures and pedicures but want to learn shellac and minx. Does anybody know anywhere in Edinburgh that I could do these courses. I'm sure I could teach myself but i'm thinking more for insurance etc MUST i go through a professionally trained school?
Thanks in advance

Look up the Fingertips Centre, they are in Edinburgh and by all accounts they are amazing and really know their stuff!

As for displaying your designs, you could glue the loose tips onto a wood stick with some nail glue. It's cheap, looks great, and you can just pop them in a little plastic bag to save space. Hth.

Emily x

As for displaying your designs, you could glue the loose tips onto a wood stick with some nail glue. It's cheap, looks great, and you can just pop them in a little plastic bag to save space. Hth.

Emily x

That's a great idea, thanks Emily .x

I dont use rhinestones ( only for mini diva parties ). I charge £27 for one finger crystals & the rest shellac ( my shellac colour service is £20 ) For toes I charge £35 for big toe crystals & the rest minx or shellac, all the toes is £50. hth

That's a great help, thanks. x

Latest posts

Back