Shellac nail discolouration

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3 WISHES

Reaction score
I have a client that has been coming to me every two weeks for shellac with no problems until a couple of weeks ago. She came back to me her shellac had started pealing off whole and had discoloured her nails tge same colour as shellac. I reapplied and she came back to me weeks later saying the same thing had happened again so she went somewhere else who uses shellac because she thought it was me!! But the same thing happened there. She also informed me she's always used opi bail varnishes before starting to have shellac and it happened with that after a while even with using thier base coat. Any body knows what it is? I have tried different colours on her and it's happening with them all I have done nothing different in my technique and she's the only person this has ever happened to x

The only time I've seen similar happen on a client is when the lady had had her nails buffed before colour application.
The client was also on medication - affected porosity?? Can't say.
Have you tried:
Base coat
Clearly pink
Then colour and top coat

Distancing the colour from the nail might help.
Don't know though. Good luck!

Are you using genuine CND Shellac products?

No didn't try clearly pink first I didn't think of that. Yes they are genuine I only ever order through sweet sqaured x

Latest posts

Back