Shellac nails stained black

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkle_Beauty_

Reaction score
Hi guys

Just had a message from one of my regular clients. We did her Shellac about two weeks ago and she's sent me a picture of them all stained, she said her tights have caused it.
I've never seen this before! The colour was Azure wish and looks nothing like it now! Does anyone know if there's any way of removing staining please? x
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1445075544.376816.jpg

Something she has come into contact with has stained her nails. Not your fault. There isn't a lot you can do bar a new set which she is due anyway soon seen as she got them done 2 weeks ago x

This is not your fault.
Shellac is a soft gel and therefore porus, and when it comes in contact with something with a lot of dye/pigment, theyre going to stain. There is nothing you can do to remove the stain. If she took two weeks to complain too, she is probably due a new set. I personally wouldn't be offering a refund/free set as it isn't down to you, or the application.

I have had ladies back with coal stains, tan stains, etc, but its their own fault.

Thank you both for your replies :)

A wipe with alcohol may remove the stain.

I actually like the effect :) Much nicer than yellow rubber glove or curry staining. Beetroot causes staining too, but I have never heard of tights doing it.

You could lightly buff over the top of the shellac with a light grit sponge buffer and top coat again, but i would only do this if they were put on recently.

The shellac is 2 weeks only and need to be replaced anyway, it makes more sense to just redo the nails.

I actually like the effect :) Much nicer than yellow rubber glove or curry staining. Beetroot causes staining too, but I have never heard of tights doing it.

That's what confused me, I can understand jeans, fake tan curry etc but I thought it was strange for tights to cause staining. We can't think what else it could be though.

I've just had a look in my diary and it was actually 10 days since her appointment.

Also, not calling your client a liar at all but sometimes theyre not always entirely honest about their part in the problem when making complaints, just to bear that in mind.
Either way, its in no way anything youve done.

I have a client who used to work in primark, her nails were always stained because she folded the jeans. She accepted it was part of the job though, now she works in the back so no stained nails haha xx

This happened to me when I was wearing desert poppy. I have no idea what caused it. It was strange. I didn't touch anything staining.

Latest posts

Back