Shellac only insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsh001

Reaction score
Please can anyone advise me?

If I am offering a gel-polish painting service for fingers and toes (with a file and shape) do I need insurance?

I have done a gel-polish course but it was not accredited, so I'm unsure if insurance is needed as I'm only applying polish and using the uv lamp etc?

Thanks in advance.

H x

Yes you need insurance. It's not just painting nails, you are using chemicals on clients and providing a service and should therefore hold insurance.

If your course is not accredited you'll need to check with insurers whether they will cover you. Do you hold a basic manicure qualification?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

You will need insurance , you will also need a valid manicure cert/ qualification in order to open up an account with sweet squared so you can purchase the shellac

I would imagine as soon as you are charging for a service which you are applying on someone else you need insurance.

Yes, you will need insurance. If your course was not an accredited course and you do not hold a manicure certificate, you would not be classed as qualified. Which would mean you can not buy CND Shellac from an authorised distributer. Sounds grim- go on a course with S2 and do it the right way 😄

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Defo need insurance but they will only insure on an accredited course so ul need to go on another one I'm afraid :(

Although it's only painting nails say for example u dropped ur product on a customers carpet, lamp blew up, customer took reaction. Really not worth it and insurance won't cost much xxxxx

Just as an aside, I don't hold a manicure cert, I'm qualified n have an s2 account.
Op could maybe do an enhancement course with an accredited company n then get insurance?

Latest posts

Back