Shellac or gel polish fading help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lwasdall

Reaction score
Geeks....
I’m finding certain shellac or gel polish colours fade? Usually in the sun. Any recommendations on how to avoid the fading? Is there a top coat to prevent this?
Tia xx

Its well know that certain 'pinks' fade in the sun, it's been happening for many years, no top coat seems to solve it, it appears to be down to the pigment. I try to steer people away from the main culprits and warn them it may happen if they insist.

I add the pink neon powder to Shellac future fushia to make it last longer in the sun

Also advise them to rinse chlorine off nails after swimming

Geeks....
I’m finding certain shellac or gel polish colours fade? Usually in the sun. Any recommendations on how to avoid the fading? Is there a top coat to prevent this?
Tia xx
I tend to let people know that pinks and orange/coral tend to fade in extreme sun. I had a tattoo years ago and the orange part of it swells up in the sun and has now 100% faded. I was told it was just the way the pigment reacts in the sun. Unfortunately there isn’t a whole lot you can do about it as far as I know apart from let your client know in advance that there is a chance of them fading if they are going on holiday. Although I would love to be proven wrong
I think the way the weather has been in the U.K. just now we’re having the same problems here just now too!
Maybe advise on an alternative colour if it is going to be a problem? I have been suggesting darker pinks/orange tones so that if they do fade then they’re just fading into a different tone of the same colour

Latest posts

Back