Shellac over acrylic?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammyt

Reaction score
Hi,Im wondering if i could combine acrylic nails with shellac for a more long lasting color, for the lovers of polish but who like the length of extensions ??
and also a rough idea of how much more i should charge as it obviously takes longer and is like having 2treatments. My current prices:

full set acrylic £ 27
refill £ 17

I apply shellac over acrylic, you don't need base coat , what do you charge for your shellac normally?x

Hi,
I also apply shellac over acrylics but, normal polish tends to last just as long i think. X

Sent from my GT540 using SalonGeek

You should charge around 20% on top of your enhancements price which in your case would be £5.40 personally i would charge alittle more then that!

As posted above when you apply Shellac over enhancements you finish the nail as usual but stop when you get to the stage were you would buff, then you DO NOT use Shellac base coat and go ahead and apply your first layer of Shellac colour coat cure for 2mins second layer of Shellac colour coat cure for 2mins and then Shellac top coat cure for 2mins and your done!

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

Hi,
I also apply shellac over acrylics but, normal polish tends to last just as long i think. X

Sent from my GT540 using SalonGeek

I agree, normal polish does last just as well, but can't compete on the lasting shine perhaps (but then you could always re-top coat)

However the gorgeous colours of Shellac do lure my clients occasionally and I charge an extra £7, some geeks say it should be more but a) I have already done the cuticle work as part of the new set or infill and b) there's no base coat. And it takes about 10 minutes if that so it seems ludicrous to charge full Shellac price. So instead of £20 infill, its £27.

I just use Scrubfresh over the l&p, not buffed smooth, 2 coats Shellac, 1 top x

Hope this helps a bit

Just marking this thread for my info as an a newbie..😊

When I apply shellac over acrylic or gel (instead of polish), I charge 10 extra.
Reason being, not for the application itself (which is easy) but the removal of the shellac when they come back for a fill.
The filing off = extra work & extra time.

I don't offer l&p or gels myself, however I do have an option on my price list for Shellac over enhancements, as my clients do ask me for it.

I charge £15 for this...some may think that's quite a lot, but my clients never bat an eyelid, they'd pay for that glorious mirror like shine alone!! :)

Latest posts

Back