Shellac over-curing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purplerose

Reaction score
I was just wondering if there was such a thing as over-curing....... I have started doing VERY basic nail art for Christmas on the ring finger. I have been doing the two hands first as normal then adding nail art on. I have then been curing that finger only separately I'm afraid to put the whole hand in the lamp again for the 4th, 5th & possibly 6th time while I paint. My client (a friend) just put the nail art finger into the lamp on its own each time but said it was uncomfortable. If I do all the rest of the hand first then add stuff on later will the extra curing damage the shellac in any way!?

Over curing is when the product cures too fast. This happens when using the wrong lamp for your system, for example.

If you're using the CND UV Lamp, once your Shellac is cured, it's cured. You can't over cure it with the correct lamp, only under cure it. You can put cured Shellac in the lamp over and over again for different layers of art and it wouldn't make a difference :)

Xxx

Latest posts

Back