Shellac over enhancements?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Planky1

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hi all. I've just received this email:

" Hi I have seen your website and wanted to know whether you could shellac/hollywood over acrylic nails? I would look to book in for feet before holiday on the 11th April but didn't know if it's possible for on hands over the acrylic too? Thanks "

I don't offer an enhancement service of any kind at present, so is there any point in me doing this for her? As she would need to see the technician who did her L&P for her to remove it after wouldn't she? Or is there a way I can remove it without damaging the enhancements? Not wanting to turn away business but thinking I should say I can do her feet only. Not quite sure how shellac works with enhancements in terms of removal so just wondered if I could have your thoughts. Too much hassle?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

You could do it planky. But you would need to file shellac of enhancements to remove it. It shouldn't damage her acylics but I should imagine that if she was going back for a re-balance the tech would do this for her no problem.
It only takes a few minutes to file off.
By the way if you are shellacking over her enhancements you won't need the basecoat. Just 2 coats of colour and top coat. hth:biggrin:

You could do it planky. But you would need to file shellac of enhancements to remove it. It shouldn't damage her acylics but I should imagine that if she was going back for a re-balance the tech would do this for her no problem.
It only takes a few minutes to file off.
By the way if you are shellacking over her enhancements you won't need the basecoat. Just 2 coats of colour and top coat. hth:biggrin:

Thanks Annemarie. So shall I maybe say yes but her L&P technician would need to remove it when she goes for a rebalance? Just concerned if I remove it then end up damaging her enhancements in some way

Thanks Annemarie. So shall I maybe say yes but her L&P technician would need to remove it when she goes for a rebalance? Just concerned if I remove it then end up damaging her enhancements in some way

Yes I would inform her that you can apply shellac but she would need to go to her technician to have it removed if she is having a rebalance.
I would imagine she would be having a rebalance anyway after a couple of weeks growth. Either that or she will have them taken off.:biggrin:

Thank you. I have emailed to say exactly that Annemarie :)

Latest posts

Back