Shellac over gel overlays... Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miss_rhi

Reaction score
I have a client booked in tonight who wants me to re-do her nails. She said that she has Shellac over gel overlays on her natural nails. As I only have a couple of Shellac colours, I am worried that she might not like the ones I have... Would she get the same effect if I just painted the gel overlays in a coloured polish and used a really good top coat? She may well want Shellac but I want to be honest with her if it is just as good a result to get a polish..

If she does choose one of the Shellac colours that I have, I'm assuming I should charge extra and more than I would for a simple polish??

Any advice is appreciated! :)

I do have a heap of different coloured gels. Could I do her rebalance/infills in clear, then do a thin coat of a colour gel followed by a thin coat of clear gel and a top coat??

I would just go over the options with the client. Normal polish last well over enhancements but the client may just love the no waiting for polish to dry, which is why she has Shellac. I'm sure she will be happy to discuss other options with you.

I would just go over the options with the client. Normal polish last well over enhancements but the client may just love the no waiting for polish to dry, which is why she has Shellac. I'm sure she will be happy to discuss other options with you.

Great advise as always. Yes, I would charge extra for using Shellac. I charge $10 more for a Shellac mani than a regular mani, I would use your prices as a guide for how much of a difference you would charge. Does that make sense?

Sent from my PC36100 using SalonGeek

Thank you so much for your help. I was just making sure I had all my bases covered :)

You were right Geeg, she ended up getting Shellac as she loves the fact that it is "dry" right away. Turns out the colour she already had (Wildfire) she wanted again, and I just so happened to have it :)

Thanks for your help!! xo

Latest posts

Back