Shellac over L&P - quick question!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurasnowwhite

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've tried searching on my phone but couldn't find anything (although I know I've read about it before!!).

I have a new client today who is a long time L&P wearer who contacted me about shellac.

She asked me if I would remove her acrylic, make her nails good then apply shellac.

I explained the usual about the condition of her nails could mean that shellac doesn't wear very well at the beginning whilst we nurse her nails back to health and she was done with it all.

I've had a text from her this morning - her appt is at 9.45 - saying she's decided to keep her acrylic on and has had them rebalanced and would like shellac over them.

Can anyone please run me through the steps for applying over L&P as I've not done it before. Can I take it that I won't have any cuticle removal to do if she had her nails redone yesterday? Do I still scrub fresh? Do I need to apply base coat?

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Lx

Hi all,

I've tried searching on my phone but couldn't find anything (although I know I've read about it before!!).

I have a new client today who is a long time L&P wearer who contacted me about shellac.

She asked me if I would remove her acrylic, make her nails good then apply shellac.

I explained the usual about the condition of her nails could mean that shellac doesn't wear very well at the beginning whilst we nurse her nails back to health and she was done with it all.

I've had a text from her this morning - her appt is at 9.45 - saying she's decided to keep her acrylic on and has had them rebalanced and would like shellac over them.

Can anyone please run me through the steps for applying over L&P as I've not done it before. Can I take it that I won't have any cuticle removal to do if she had her nails redone yesterday? Do I still scrub fresh? Do I need to apply base coat?

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Lx

Clean the surface well with Scrub Fresh. No need for base coat. The rest is as normal with Shellac. Keep the Shellac only on the enhancement, none on the natural nail, even if it is showing.

Thank you so much Geeg - amazing helpful as always!!

Lx

Sorry I've done a quick search but instead of posting a new topic I thought I would post on here.

So would I need to buff the enhancement at all? Others were mentioning buffing the nail but I wasn't sure.

Sorry I've done a quick search but instead of posting a new topic I thought I would post on here.

So would I need to buff the enhancement at all? Others were mentioning buffing the nail but I wasn't sure.

The surface can't be smooth. I always file with 180 grit then go into application.

The surface can't be smooth. I always file with 180 grit then go into application.

Thank you, I don't have a 180 grit file as I'm natural nails only. So I hope a 240 will do?

I don't buff enhancement first. Never had a problem.

I don't buff enhancement first. Never had a problem.

Thank you, I buffed them with the rougher side of a koala first just to make sure :)

Latest posts

Back