Shellac peeling on client with clammy hands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.Clooney

Positive Geek
Reaction score
Good Morning Geeks,

I have a client who is getting married this weekend and I am doing her nails for her wedding with a Shellac French. I gave her a Shellac French manicure about 3 weeks ago to help her to grow her nails to a nice length, but she said it started to lift and peel from the eponychium and side walls after about a week. At removal this week, this was definitely evident on most nails still present and she hadn't been picking.

Now I know from previous manicures on her last year, that she does admit to having rather clammy hands so am I to assume this is the reason? She is coming to me today for her wedding nails and I am thinking that after PEP I should perhaps wipe each nail individually with Scrubfresh just before I apply the base coat to each nail.

Any ideas/ suggestions please. I am doing base coat then Beau then Cream Puff French x1 then Beau then top coat. As I am fairly new to Shellac my lamps and bulbs are new and I don't have this problem with other clients.

Good Morning Geeks,

I have a client who is getting married this weekend and I am doing her nails for her wedding with a Shellac French. I gave her a Shellac French manicure about 3 weeks ago to help her to grow her nails to a nice length, but she said it started to lift and peel from the eponychium and side walls after about a week. At removal this week, this was definitely evident on most nails still present and she hadn't been picking.

Now I know from previous manicures on her last year, that she does admit to having rather clammy hands so am I to assume this is the reason? She is coming to me today for her wedding nails and I am thinking that after PEP I should perhaps wipe each nail individually with Scrubfresh just before I apply the base coat to each nail.

Any ideas/ suggestions please. I am doing base coat then Beau then Cream Puff French x1 then Beau then top coat. As I am fairly new to Shellac my lamps and bulbs are new and I don't have this problem with other clients.

Sounds a good plan. Clammy hands can be a nightmare for lifting. Dehydrate as much as you can prior to each finger that you base coat but in doing that, make sure your Scrub Fresh is DRY..

Thanks Gigi. Much appreciated x

I though using scrubfresh before base was standard practice?

I though using scrubfresh before base was standard practice?
It is .. but we usually do all 10 at once. Doing the nails one by one and base coating in between is getting to each nail at its driest. If you do all ten at the same time and then apply base coat, the last nails are already wet with perspiration again. Clammy hands are the worst to do.

Latest posts

Back