Shellac peeling on some clients only!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scandalash

Reaction score
Hi there am fully qualified therapist and trained in shellac six months ago. Getting varied results on different clients, on some people the shellac lasts six weeks or more and on others upto a week! (Am ignoring clients with flaking nails from this result). Any clues why this is happening? Also find that these clients cannot keep the Rockstar shellac on either. Am I doing something wrong or are some people just not suited if their nails are too oily? Am finding that if they use cuticle oil it peels off even quicker yet my trainer advised us to tell everyone to use cuticle oil daily. Thx x

No offense, but how on earth can shellac or anything else last 6 weeks? After two weeks the nails look awful from regrowth anyway and it should be removed and reapplied at two weeks. SolarOil is awesome and would not contribute to the problems you're having. I use it several times a day (as do my clients) and I've never had my shellac peel. If you explain how you are prepping the nail and everything I could give you specific advice. I just read this back to myself and it sounded harsh, but that's not how I intend to come off, so please don't take it that way :biggrin:

I swear I've had clients that have shellac last that long! Not pretty cos it has grown half way up the nail plate but they are poor and want it to last forever!!!! I have done everything as instructed par the course but just one client it has peeled more with than others, must just be her oily nail plate and extra fast growing nails...!

I've had Shellac last that long too . . . and on clients with good strong natural nails, while the ones with thin wobbly nails have a few problems, which goes to show that Shellac (like other nail products) is as good as the nail beneath.

(I agree it's way past it's best by 5/6 weeks and the only ones that are passable are French really and even then it's questionable....but very impressive for a client to be able to "show off" how long it lasts and maybe send in new clients!! I would explain that it doesn't last that long on em all tho or you'd be setting some up for disappointment. x

Latest posts

Back