Shellac problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayleylr2005

Reaction score
Hi ya I was wondering if anyone could help me. I had a new client on Friday for shellac soak off and re done. When I soaked the nails off they had white patches where her nails are damaged she has been having it done elsewhere every 2 weeks for about a year she doesn't want a break is there anything I can do to stop this from happening? x

It doesn't sound like damage...it sounds like temporary dehydration. Daily use of Solar Oil should take care of it. :)

Are you sure its the REAL shellac they've been applying?? and not the dodgy one that floating about?? xx

I agree its probably dehydration. I sometimes see this and with just buffing the nail slightly with solar oil it would come out. (obviously don't do this before applying shellac again) ;-)
Xx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Sounds like she hasn't been using solar oil!! I have a lady who doesn't use hers as we recommend and she has exactly that,she just can't get into the habit of using it...I am still nagging her like mad though!! X

Essential Bliss Beauty Therapy

Thanks guys 4 all your advice x x

I have the same problem, although, this lady has been using her oil, iv now told her to up her usage.
Iv been a bit concerned, I know it's dehydration, but doesnt look very nice to the client, and I don't know what else to do?
Iv also had shellac on my own nails,for the same amount of time and I don't use oil. Not a sign of of dehydration in sight. What else can be done other than oil?

Nothing! She has to use her oil, simple. If she doesn't want dehydration and service breakdown she will use it. And you should too or you will come upon these problems one day :)

Latest posts

Back