Shellac problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

studio57beauty

Reaction score
Hi all, been using shellac forever now and love it! But this week 5 regulars have come back with shellac clean off! These clients are in every two weeks and never loose any!!
What's the problem?? Bulbs are new Prep the same. Oh and have all been done by different therapists- any advice thank you!

I dont use shellac i use gelish however I find that winter time is harder on nails and skin etc. I advise my clients to use their oil more often Wear gloves outside etc. Re iterate home care - again the run up to xmas it tough on nails wrapping presents shopping cleaning in preparation for christmas etc. Not sure if thats any help xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi all, been using shellac forever now and love it! But this week 5 regulars have come back with shellac clean off! These clients are in every two weeks and never loose any!!
What's the problem?? Bulbs are new Prep the same. Oh and have all been done by different therapists- any advice thank you!

I've been having similar problems... But I'm putting it down to the top coat coming to the end...? Is yours new?? I find once it had been used a bit and more air in bottle it gets thicker and thicker.... I shake as directed like mad and make sure it's not cold...
But 3 client I did last week have come back with problems!! It's really soul destroying.. I Pride myself on good work and ensure I always PREP thoroughly, I'm a bit of a perfectionist so when problems come back I always question my methods...
I've ordered a new one ready for the busy season .. Hoping that solves problem !!
Winter time does dry everything out so home care essential.. Though I have a heavy handed client who now oils daily after my advice and she found it lifted shellac even more!!! 😬

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for replying, top coat is new just wondering if could be base coat maybe a dodgy batch? After so many years of no problem- other than the typical oily nail Client seems so strange and yes soul destroying with Christmas so near and not much time for redoing clients.

Latest posts

Back