Shellac Purple Purple

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfullam

Reaction score
Hello,

Ok so I have been doing CND Shellac since April and never had any problems I love it! But I brought Purple Purple a month ago and have now used it 3 times and every time I have use it it has shrunk from the sides and is very matte?

Anyone else had this problem?

I do find this one looks quite 'matte' when applied but once you have the top coat on it is just as lovely and shiney as the rest.

I do find this one looks quite 'matte' when applied but once you have the top coat on it is just as lovely and shiney as the rest.

I find the same...matte until I top coat. Then, it's super shiney! :)

I love love this colour and like others have said, once you have applied the topcoat it should be shiny anyway! Just make sure you are coating enough with basecoat to prevent shrinkage? Sorry, someone else might be able to shed some light on this but have not experienced shrinking with this particular colour :-/

I find all the shimmer colors cure quite matte until you topcoat.

Are you shaking your bottle thoroughly? Not enough shaking to mix the shellac can cause shrinkage.

Also- I have found that some colors will shrink back if they are applied too thickly- are you maybe applying each coat a bit thick for good coverage, because the color is more sheer?

No problems with mine , love it actually one of my favourites!

Latest posts

Back