Shellac question?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiptoze

Reaction score
Sorry in advance if this seems like a really stupid question!

I've been reading a lot of great things about Shellac on here, but could somebody please explain the difference between Shellac and a soak off gel like, for example, Illusion soak off gel from NSI?

Thanks

With shellac you don't build any shape/apex thickness or lenth like you would with a gel, it also dosent need you to remove the shine from the nail , Imagen it as a polish with benifits ,

these are some of the main reasons there are more indepth things like the uv3 tech ,

Shellac is NEW technology ... despite what people say there is a big difference between a just a thin coloured GEL and Shellac which is not a coloured gel but a true hibrid of gel AND actual polish.

The benefits to You as the user is it goes on much more easily and thinner than thin coloured gels and in fact exactly like polish ... no shrinkage, no sticky layers to wipe off the base coat no heat etc.

The benefits to the client are incredible hard wear, more strength than thin coloured gels and the look is more beautiful. There is an 'edge' to the look and feel of Shellac which is quite unique.

Shellac is for a new category of clients alltogether. It really is not meant to be used as a colour over enhanced nails (altho you can I feel it is a waste of a good product) use your thin coloured gels for that. Shellac adds strength and durability to natural nails beyond that of thin coloured gels which tend to be wobbly and feel wobbly (AND i KNOW i HAVE tried them).

Dear Sandra

Shellac is a hybrid nail colour - the very first of its kind.

It combines the best features of nail polish with ease of application (comes in a bottle just like polish, not a jar), high shine and rich colour, with the best features of gel (protective, low odour and very durable) - and also brand new science which allow us to remove it much much faster than soakable gels.

The other great news is you don't file the natural nail during prep either.

So it's NOT a soakable gel - just a COOL new hybrid to the industry!

Hope this helps Sandra

xx

Thank you for your replies, that has certainly cleared that one up for me!

Do you need to be professional training in Shellac to be able to use it, or if you are already a qualified nail tech is it possible to purchase the system, also is there a specified UV lamp or can any lamp with the correct wattage be used.

Thank you for your replies, that has certainly cleared that one up for me!

Do you need to be professional training in Shellac to be able to use it, or if you are already a qualified nail tech is it possible to purchase the system, also is there a specified UV lamp or can any lamp with the correct wattage be used.

You don't need specific Shellac training; a manicure qualification will suffice. Yes, you do need a CND lamp.

Latest posts

Back