Shellac removal from LCN

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DottieZopp

Reaction score
Morning all, remember I'm new around here. If I use Shellac on LCN Nails how do I remove the Shellac without doing any damage to the extensions???

Is the LCN a hard or soft gel?

LCN Extensions

Hard gel extension

Is it a non porous gel that needs to be filed off rather than soaked off? If so remove the Shellac as normal then file down/rebalance the hard gel underneath before reapplying gel as usual :)

If it's a hard gel then you can soak it off if you really want too, but it's kind of pointless, because you'd usually change your shellac when you do your rebalance so your best just filing it off during that process, the only time I've soaked shellac off hard gel enhancements is when my mum fancied a colour change between rebalances

I personally find it takes ages to file gel polish off of a hard gel but to be honest I use Gelish so perhaps Shellac is easier

LCN is a hard non soak off gel. It needs to be filed to rebalance and if you have Shellac on it then you would file Shellac off as well.

Latest posts

Back